Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Tingly feet

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
For the past week or so, i've been having this tingling feeling in my feet, as if they were about to fall asleep - but they don't. I don't seem to have any other symptoms. I don't spend a lot of time on my feet either, except for two days a week where I spent about 5 hours a night walking around at my job.

Is tingly feet associated with any kind of illness that I should be concerned about?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper SAKS
|

replied December 7th, 2004
Re: Tingly Feet
tinacris wrote:
for the past week or so, i've been having this tingling feeling in my feet, as if they were about to fall asleep - but they don't. I don't seem to have any other symptoms. I don't spend a lot of time on my feet either, except for two days a week where I spent about 5 hours a night walking around at my job.

Is tingly feet associated with any kind of illness that I should be concerned about?

by the way, I am 22, if that makes any difference
|

replied January 31st, 2005
Tingly Feet
Did you get any response to this and I seem to be having the same sort of thing. Had it for about 2 weeks now and have had it in the past, usually lasting a few days and disappearing. Feet just feel strange, like needles and pins but not, if you know what I mean.

Any ideas.

Regards,
|

replied December 10th, 2005
I also have been having tingly feet and also legs. The feeling is so crazy, it worries me that it might be something medical. I have crohn's disease and I figure it can have something to do with that because I hardly ever take my meds. My mom says that my body doesn't transfer all my vitamins and stuuf, and I dont get enough d12. I wonder if this is something I should worry about.
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
“Tingly feet" can be a sign of nerve loss. The nerves in the feet come from the lower back. Pressure or chemical change in the nerve can cause a tingling sensation in the feet. Any sensation that is out of the ordinary can be an early sign of neurologic or vascular problems. In addition to tingling, feet may feel numb or feel like they are "falling asleep." There may also be a burning sensation in the feet.
|

replied July 9th, 2009
tingly feet and hands
i keeep getting a tingly feeling n my hands and feet i stretch my hands out but i have to shake them around because they feel weird if i try keep them straight
|

replied July 10th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
sounds like nerve compression. It could be some kind of nerve compression in you cervical or lumbar spine since both your hands and feet are involved.

You should see your primary doctor to be checked out. There could be other reasons for the tingling feeling in your hands and feet.

Your primary doctor will be able to advise you what to do, what to get checked.

Fran
|

replied October 12th, 2009
I have been getting a tingling feeling in my feet also.My mom says its because of my weight.I thought maybe but i just wanted to make sure.Should I be worried and should i see a doctor.

I am 239lb and I am 13y/o if this helps.
plzz get back to me im really worried
|

replied December 20th, 2009
ANSWER-Tingely feelings in feet/hands
YES YES!!! SEE A DOCTOR ASAP! ANY tingly feeling in ANY part of your body is NOT NORMAL! If you wait too long, the problem(s) may not be treatable. Unusual feelings are signs of PROBLEMS and MUST be addressed by a PROFESSIONAL. Not a friend or family member. DO NOT WAIT as other problems may come from this and cause even MORE SERIOUS issues. Wishing you well SOON...
|

replied January 17th, 2010
Tingling feeling in my feet and lower legs.
I've been getting a tingling sensation in my feet and lower legs for the first time today and it seemed to stop at the point where my socks cut off around my legs, they were also quite red. One of my legs feels fine now and has changed back to a natural colour and doesn't feel tingly any more but my left leg is still a bit red and tingly. Should i be concerned? I'm 15 y/o btw weighing around 10st at about 5ft 7 height if that helps.
|

replied April 1st, 2010
Tingling & numbness in feet & hands
I have been having tingling numbness on tops of my feet & hands. Its been going on for quite awhile now. I thought it would go away, but it truely doesnt ever go away. If I try rubbing it to get circulation going it just agrovates it, and then the pain sets in. So, leaving it alone at this point is best. I went to my PCP a couple of days ago & he is ordering blood work. From there depending on the results he might order neuro test on my feet (its worse in my feet than my hands). Kind of nervous to know what it is, that is probally why Ive waited so flippin long to say anything. Ill keep you all posted. Thanks for all that has been said.
|

replied May 29th, 2010
Tingly feeling in toes due to back problems and surgery.
I have had tingly feet since my back surgery. I had a little tingly feeling in my little toe before the surgery. Since that time, it has moved to all of my toes, and then to my feet.

I have had neuroligical work up, that included EMG's of both feet that showed NO neuropathy. Before that I was on nurontin, with no appreciable improvement. Since that time, I had injections in my back, but still it persists. My "feeling" are now up to my ankle on one foot at this time. I"M SICK OF ALL OF THIS" Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks
|

replied February 22nd, 2011
tingly feet, hands and rash
Hi there.
I have been getting tingles in my hands and feet for the past 2 days, and then this morning i had it right up my arms and up to my knees, also when this happened i had a rash like spots all on my lower back and on my bottom... this lasted about 3-5 mins and stopped once the tingling had stopped aswell. what could this be caused from? i had been in hospital last week due to bleeding as i had some samples taken as my smears were high grade and it got infected, i have been taken antibiotics for the infection, it cant be the pills as they are usual pills i take when prescribe by docters. hope you can help me
|

replied February 22nd, 2011
tingly feet, hands and rash
Hi there.
I have been getting tingles in my hands and feet for the past 2 days, and then this morning i had it right up my arms and up to my knees, also when this happened i had a rash like spots all on my lower back and on my bottom... this lasted about 3-5 mins and stopped once the tingling had stopped aswell. what could this be caused from? i had been in hospital last week due to bleeding as i had some samples taken as my smears were high grade and it got infected, i have been taken antibiotics for the infection, it cant be the pills as they are usual pills i take when prescribe by docters. hope you can help me
|

replied October 4th, 2011
try this link anyone suffering with unpleasant tingling in the feet

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/restles s_legs/detail_restless_legs.htm
|

replied January 21st, 2012
Tingling foot
I have had a tingling nerve-type feeling on the outer side of mainly my right foot for a few years. It wakes me, usually in the early hours of the morning. I sometimes get it on the left side too, but usually it is mainly on my right foot. Not on the top, bottom or back. A thin area along the outside of my foot.
|

replied September 3rd, 2013
All the tingling is probably caused from a pinched nerve in your back, or your psysiatica in the lower back, that may need surgery!! I have had the exact same symptoms as all of you above, but only with my feet. It's very painful at times, and other times it's just painful enough to be very irritating enough to disrupt your normal life. The best thing to do while waiting for a Doctor appointment is to walk, walk, walk!! Hope this helps!!
|
Quick Reply