Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Breat Feeding... (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Okay - - so we all know how healthy it is to breat feed your baby. But what I wanna know is what kinda cons does it have for us, the mothers. I mean doesnt it make your breast saggy? What are some of the sucky parts about breastfeeding that you girls know about? Oh yeah, also..Do you know any good things about it for us. I heard it helped you loose weight quicker?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 7th, 2004
Experienced User
All I know is that..I'm not doin it! I heard it makes your boobs saggy and makes your nipples hurt!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hahaha I did negs:
nope no saggy boobies but,
ouchies nipples
i think the poopie is smellier and gookier jmo
|

Experienced User
Yeah, I get what your saying. Its so healthy for the baby though. I wanna breast feed because of all the good things it does to the baby. But not if its gonna make me look like a 90 yr old gma..! Haha.. J/k
|

Extremely eHealthy
It doesnt make ur boobs sag.. It actually gives u a fuller figure... But cons are prolly:
definetly nipple soreness in the first week.. Afterwards it dont hurt but still does then..
U cant really go out due to breastfeeding.... So u hafta be with ur child all the time...
I didnt find the diapers smellier, I actually found it smellier on formula (i guess it depends on what the person eats tho!)
u cant eat choclate or certain things becuz some things baby might not like and could be up all night..

I love breatsfeeding tho and will always do it with my babies! Lol!
|

Experienced User
I'm tryin to look like I never had a kid after I have my baby! Formula is just fine for my little boo!
|

Extremely eHealthy
U should just try and breastfeed then for about 6 weeks... Cuz breatsfeeding helps u lose more of the weight in your pregnany, and give su ur figure back. It also gives u bigger breasts! Lotsa people cant even believe I had a kid! Till I show em my stretchmarks haha! But those are disappearing now too thanx to strixaderm! Smile
|

Extremely eHealthy
Haha yea no real spicy food... Oof that can be icky! Mad
|

Experienced User
Haha!! My mom said that I need to start lotioning a bunch of times a day already so I don't get stretch marks because people with dry skin usually get worse stretch marks!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Haha oh god I learned the lesson really fast! I cant even eats chocolate hahaha! Maybe thats why I lost the weight so fast Sad I coudlnt eat junk haha! Damn I miss donuts....
|

Experienced User
Lol..Darn you..! Speaking of doughnuts I have been craving them like crazy for the past couple of days and dont have any Sad!!! Lol..Anyways..So pretty much breast feeding does the body good..For the baby and the mother?
|

Experienced User
It's not for all women though in losing the weight. I know many women who have breast fed and they didn't lose weight any faster. I didn't breast feed and I lost most of my weight from my child. I had gained 30 some lbs and I only have 8 more lbs to go and i'm 6 weeks post pregnancy.

It depends ont eh women for if you will lose weight breastfeeding or not!!
|

Experienced User
I breastfed drew for almost 4 months (only quit because of medical reasons). It didn't help me loose weight, and I think my boobs are slightly saggy. But there are good things as well, it's better fo the baby, it's obviously way cheaper (wic helps, but doesn't cover everything) and in the middle of the night you can just whip your boob out instead of making a bottle (which totally sucks). I definetly suggest breastfeeding. Every mother wants the best for their child. :d
|

User Profile
Experienced User
And another thing is.. Not all babies like breast-milk. My mom told me that she only breast fed me for a week and then I refused to drink it lol.. So she had to feed me with a bottle otherwise I would have starved Laughing
|

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
Oh No!!
I knew you had to watch what you eat when breastfeeding....But I can't help myself...I eat just abt everything except spicy foods...I am a junk food junky...Lol...What does it do to the baby??
|

Experienced User
Don't worry too much, if your baby isn't acting as though the things you eat bother him/her, then I wouldn't worry. But if your baby gets cranky, can't sleep, or has a sugar high, then i'd start watching what I ate. When I breastfed I ste what ever I wanted and it didn't have an effect on drew, a matter of fact, he was a very, very good baby. :d
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Oh No!!
rezgurl wrote:
what does it do to the baby??

if you don't get enough vitamins, then the baby won't either. If you eat much food like garlic, onions, broccoli, and there are a couple more things that i'm forgetting... The baby can't digest them and they'll get an upset stomach.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yah if the babys getting certain foods it doesnt like from ur breastmilk, it could give them an upset stomach and get them gassy and very cranky.. Not fun!!!!
But i've been breatsfeeding for 4 months now (slowly weaning off it) and I weighed myself today.... 100 lbs exactly!!!!!!! It dont even look like I had a baby anymore haha! Smile lol!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Re: Breat Feeding...
lusciouskiss16 wrote:
okay - - so we all know how healthy it is to breat feed your baby. But what I wanna know is what kinda cons does it have for us, the mothers. I mean doesnt it make your breast saggy? What are some of the sucky parts about breastfeeding that you girls know about? Oh yeah, also..Do you know any good things about it for us. I heard it helped you loose weight quicker?

i've been breastfeeding for a couple years. I disagree with almost everything i've read here. And I can't believe people don't breastfeed because they are worried about their bodies. 1 - selfish, and 2 - do they know how many other things they are going to have to give up for their babies? Anyway, I recommend a laction consultant, or at least someone who really knows what they're doing to help you. Also, la leche league, although i've never been a part of it. With my last baby I can eat anything I want, nothing bothers her although I did wait until she was about 3-4 months (as far as spicy etc.). She's very healthy. Breast milk changes with your baby's needs, so your baby will always have the nutrients s/he needs. I am not attatched to my baby. I go out once or twice a week. I pump milk and put in the fridge or freezer. It's up to you how well it goes. I strongly recommend it and do it for however long you can. There are new studies out that show babies that are breastfed for even a short amount of time have long term benefits. You can pm if you have any other questions. I don't know how old you are, but you are making a very mature decision in even wanting to give it a try. Good job mommy!
|

replied December 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I plan on breastfeeding, in fact, yesterday I had an appointment with wic with the dietician, and she taught me a lot. She said that when you breastfeed, your uterus contracts, and that is what helps you lose your weight faster. You burn about 950 calories every four cups of milk. Wow! She also mentioned that a lot of mothers decide not to breastfeed because their boobs are very sore at first, and they decide that they can not handle it. The best thing to do is stick with it for a couple weeks, or even a month, until you get used to it, and the long term effects will be very much worth the pain of sore boobies! I really recomend it. I know I will be pumping a lot. I don't agree that you have to be attatched to your baby. I will be going to school and working, and her daddy will be feeding her too, so that means a lot of pumping for me! You can freeze the milk. But it is the best way to go.
|
12 >>