Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Gagging And Dry Heaving

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Recently, i've started gagging and dry heaving almost daily. There is no specific time of day that this occurs; sometimes it's morning and sometimes it's the middle of the day. I'll just be walking along, and suddenly my mouth will fill with saliva like i'm going to throw up, but then I just gag or dry heave. It happens 2 or 3 times and then i'm fine.

This used to happen to me occasionally, but it's gotten worse in recent months. Has anyone had this experience or heard of anyone who has?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 19th, 2005
Hi there

i also have been suffering from this over the past few mths gradually getting worse not better. The dr prescribed losec to help but unfortunately it hasnt. It could be a mixture of things are you on medication? I am and it could be that but who knows?
|

replied October 2nd, 2010
dry heaves
Is there any relationship between high blood pressure
and vomiting or dry heaves. I started taking a pink,
stomach soother and it has worked so far(1 day).I am
also on med's. It's horrible. Doyou respond to these
?'s..If so where would the response be found?
|

replied November 8th, 2010
I have been having that feeling for almost 3 years. its worse with whatever i eat the night before. BUT the dr has perscribed many diff things and nothing has helped,. and im not on any other meds. im somwhat healthy ideal body weight and hight, moderatly healthy habits, and it still happens, it got so bad at one point i had to quit my job cuz it would happen when i was on laddrs and i would almost pass out sometimes. anyways sorry to burst ur bubble, nothing works. i have had mri's, scans, poop tests, urine tests, things put inside me, n drank things for xrays, they have found nothing wrong, and nothing stops it. enjoy.
|

replied November 26th, 2010
I have a very similar issue and haven't found anything to help. I took prilosec and other acid reflux medications to no avail. I also took OTC acid reducers like Zantac. For now, I'm just carrying around gum and/or pretzels because that seems to stave it off. It's terrible being a slave to gum... if you find anything, let us know.
|

replied November 1st, 2012
I have this issue, it's actually from anxiety which can make one feel nauseated. I dry heave before trying to eat a meal. It has gotten worse, but it's all about thinking you will heave and that making you heave. If I am watching tv or doing something it is fine cause my mind is distracted. I heave like 9 times daily.
If it gets really bad, I recommend smoking some weed.
|
Quick Reply