Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Can You Get Pregnant While You Are On Your Period?? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Sad can you get pregnant while you are on your period while haveing intercourse?? Someone please shed some light on this topic, I dont know what to do or who to ask!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 21st, 2003
You Can Get Pregnant If You Have Sex While On Your Period
Though its a slim chance and depends on how long your cycle is, there is a chance you ovulate while on your period or right after. My dr said if you have a short cycle ( less than 28 days between periods ) then you could get ovulate while you were on your period though its not a huge chance. Hope this helps
|

replied October 21st, 2003
Experienced User
Chances Are Very Slim
Hey,
the chances are so slim. The egg only lives for 2-3 days before it deteriorates... And the chances of you being pregnant, are so unlikely. We can't say nothing is possible... Just be more careful. Actually, I asked this same thing last week, and the women said its highly unlikely as well. I just needed to be sure so. I never used protection and I let my bf climax in me, and i'm not. Good luck! Sarah
|

replied September 12th, 2004
Hey Thanks
Hey, that helped me a lot. I just had sex while I had my period without protection, my boyfriend said he didnt cum in me, but you never know. And I knew that you could get pregnant while you were on your period but I wanted to know how much of a chance. Thanks! :d
|

replied September 12th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Well, it happened to me at the tail end of it!
|

replied September 13th, 2004
Experienced User
I Did Also...
I actually became pregnant the day after my period ended, but the thing is I had sex the day before it started. My cycles are extremely short, so I ovulated earlier, but remember every woman is very different!!
|

replied September 13th, 2004
pitterpatter wrote:
well, it happened to me at the tail end of it!

ditto!
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I did! So yeah

and oh for the chick who said her bf didnt cum in her you can still get pregnant from like pre cum and what not
|

replied September 17th, 2004
Experienced User
Me Also
We didn't use a condom but he pulled out and now I am 20 week's pregnant, so yes you can become pregnant off uf pre-cum or withdrawl method Exclamation
|

Experienced User
What are the chances of being pregnant if the condom broke the day your period ended?
|

Experienced User
Hi Mora
It's really hard to say...Every woman ovulates at a different time of month..You will see that some women on this forum ovulate on day 7..14..16....So you can see it's hard to tell!! Was there semen in the condom when it broke?? Also there have been so many post on here about how you can't become pregnant while on your period or "right after" but you will see that for example, on this post there are a few of us actually ovulate towards the end of our period's..In my case sperm was already there..But in your situation it is hard to tell..If the condom broke while inside while full of sperm then I would say there is a chance. But if he was already out of you I would say it was slim..But you can never know for sure..I wouldn't worry too much about it..Unless you miss your next period or become even more worried then what you may be now. Hang in there. I hope everything turn's out ok for you.
|

replied September 18th, 2004
I believe it is possible. My dh says it is.
|

replied April 7th, 2005
"i actually became pregnant the day after my period ended, but the thing is I had sex the day before it started. My cycles are extremely short, so I ovulated earlier, but remember every woman is very different!! "

when you say you got pregnant the dayafter your period ended does that mean that you had sex the day after or that the egghad already been there for 2 dyas already.
Becuase i'mconfused when it comes to that type of things.
I had sex 1or 2 days before my period and also I usually last 4-5 dyas on myperiod, my last period wsa the 14th and I started today. Of ocurse there is a 100% chance im not pregnant but still.
Becaause when I first got pregnant I had had my period twice in a month the 1st of nov and the 25th. Any one here happened tothem?

Say you have sex today and in 2 dyas your period starts, does that mean your not prengant or that you are possibly?
|

replied April 7th, 2005
Hope This Helps Clarify...
Healthj17: say you have sex today and in 2 dyas your period starts, does that mean your not prengant or that you are possibly?

Well thats what happened with me... Im not sure if I am pregnant yet, too scared to take a test.. But I had sex then 2 days later I got my period.. I usually get it for 6-7 days n its really heavy for the first 4 days but when I got my period I only had it for 4 days.. It was really light and was a pinky colour, towards the end turning a bit brown (sorry if thats tmi).. Ive worked it out that im nearly 3 weeks late for my period... Ive had a lot of symptoms n signs of being pregnant but bcoz I had my unusual period I thought that I couldnt be...

What do u think about that??
|

replied April 8th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
It is only unlikely for some women. Lots of people get pregnant when on their period. Especially when you are on the pill. This week is the only week that your pill isn't keeping you from ovulating. Sperm can live in your body for 5-7 days. Some say 3-5, some say 3-5, but when I researched it, I found 5-7. So, even if you don't have an egg ready to be fertilized when you have sex, you may 7 days after!
You can get pregnant anytime that you have unprotected sex, or protected sex if the condom breaks. It is against the "ideal woman's cycle" that is all over the place (the whole ovulating on the 14th day of your cycle chart.) but, that is only for some women, and the rest of us are totally different. So, if you don't want to become pregnant then don't have unprotected sex, anytime. Not even on your period.
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Hope This Helps Clarify...
chantilly_lace wrote:
healthj17: say you have sex today and in 2 dyas your period starts, does that mean your not prengant or that you are possibly?

Well thats what happened with me... Im not sure if I am pregnant yet, too scared to take a test.. But I had sex then 2 days later I got my period.. I usually get it for 6-7 days n its really heavy for the first 4 days but when I got my period I only had it for 4 days.. It was really light and was a pinky colour, towards the end turning a bit brown (sorry if thats tmi).. Ive worked it out that im nearly 3 weeks late for my period... Ive had a lot of symptoms n signs of being pregnant but bcoz I had my unusual period I thought that I couldnt be...

What do u think about that??

you said your scared to test, but hun that's the only way your going to find out!!!
|

replied April 8th, 2005
"what do u think about that?? "---in your case I think you are pregnant .
|

replied April 8th, 2005
"it is only unlikely for some women. Lots of people get pregnant when on their period. Especially when you are on the pill. This week is the only week that your pill isn't keeping you from ovulating. Sperm can live in your body for 5-7 days. Some say 3-5, some say 3-5, but when I researched it, I found 5-7. So, even if you don't have an egg ready to be fertilized when you have sex, you may 7 days after!
You can get pregnant anytime that you have unprotected sex, or protected sex if the condom breaks. It is against the "ideal woman's cycle" that is all over the place (the whole ovulating on the 14th day of your cycle chart.) but, that is only for some women, and the rest of us are totally different. So, if you don't want to become pregnant then don't have unprotected sex, anytime. Not even on your period. "

well does it still count if he pulled out?
|

replied April 9th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Yes! Pulling out is not birth control! Guys release pre-cum at various times throughout messing around, or intercourse and you can get pregnant from this also. Plus, when they "pull-out" the chances of them getting out of you before they cum even just a little bit are very slim. If you have unprotected sex at anytime during your cycle then you could be pregnant. Pulling out doesn't matter.
|

replied April 9th, 2005
"if you have unprotected sex at anytime during your cycle then you could be pregnant."

when you say during your cycle does that mean when i'm on my period say the 4 days?
Or is it days before my period?Per say 2 days?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile