Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

What to Expect...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
What should I expect at the first Dr. Appt. I know my mom is making me one for this week..........
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Just test. And a pap. And a converstion with the nurse or doc.
|

Experienced User
What kind of conversations???
I know my mom will likely come.........Should the bf come too??
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Anyone can come with you. The first appt. Isnt always the important one for him to be there, it is just the confiming appt. There after is when I would want him to come.. Just a bunch of questions about your period normal routine questions
|

Experienced User
This is all so new to me Confused

Sometimes I get really scared and others just really excited!! If I wouldn't have told my parents yesterday i'd still be a mess.....
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
How did they take it
|

Experienced User
They were definately hurt and way shocked, but I expected that. I feel really bad hurting them like that, but they kept telling me the still loved me and that we'd get through this. I know I hurt them, but I love them so much and if I didn't have their support I would be going crazy. I know their dissapointed right now, but I think in the end it will all work out. I expected my mom to act way worse then what she did! They're truly the best parents in the world.......... Smile
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
I think if they didnt react like that then I would have been scared. It is alwys hard on the parents becuz they want so much more for us but they fail to realize that we are just like them.. Like I said everything will be okay.
|

Experienced User
Yes~they are two incredible human beings......I love them soo much!! I know everything will be okay, it's just so weird when I think about it. I can't even formulate the two words to come out of my mouth! "im pregnant"

is this normal?? When will this become more real?
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
For me when I got the sono. And saw the babies heart beating then I knew it was for real. I was 6 weeks then a couple days shy of 7wks..
|

Active User, very eHealthy
At my first ob app., the nurse did my vitals (blood pressure, urine test, and weight) then asked me a bunch of question about family history, then drew blood. I got a sono., that day, too by my doctor and an exam as well. So mine was pretty much everything in one day. The next one was minus the blood taking part (got another sono.) the rest were just heartbeat, blood pressure, urine and weight and 'see you in 4 weeks' lol

now, its urine, bp, weight, heartbeat, and 'see you in 2 weeks'
|

Experienced User
Do you think they will do a sono if i'm only like 4 and a half weeks?
|

I don't know. I had one done with both babies at two different times because I didn't keep track of my periods. So they wanted to make sure the measurements were coming out right. And they were! Smile
|

Experienced User
I'm scared for the first appt and everything.......
|

Extremely eHealthy
nikki n rudy wrote:
at my first ob app., the nurse did my vitals (blood pressure, urine test, and weight) then asked me a bunch of question about family history, then drew blood. I got a sono., that day, too by my doctor and an exam as well. So mine was pretty much everything in one day. The next one was minus the blood taking part (got another sono.) the rest were just heartbeat, blood pressure, urine and weight and 'see you in 4 weeks' lol

now, its urine, bp, weight, heartbeat, and 'see you in 2 weeks'

ditto
|

Bub, if you've gone to an gyn before, its all the same except they are more careful because of lil bub in there. The first app., is like going for a pap except, you're there a little longer for the rest of the ordeal. But thats only if your dr does it on the same day. Mine did. Others just did the vitals and questions and asked you to come back for blood drawing and what not.
|

Experienced User
I've never been to a gyno before..... Confused
|

Ooh well...Still..Nothing to be worried about. You just have to go in, relaxed and not 'uptight' or it makes the experience really bad. I have a male doctor, so I think thats why I was more comfy when I started seeing him at 16. He delivered my first son and will deliver this one, too. Something about a female looking at my parts, freaks me out. So...L.O.L.
|

Experienced User
I don't know which I would rather have......I think it's a guy though!
|