Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Prednisolone Side Effects

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
I have a concern. I was taking this steroid for a chest cold. I got bad headaches after taking it for two days and quit taking it altogether. Now I have terrible pressure in my head and my arms feel weak. I went to the emergency room, they did a ct scan and said that nothing was wrong according to the scan. They don't have an answer when these side effects will go away. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 6th, 2004
I took prednisone at age 12 for an allergic reaction to corn detassling.

Two weeks later I fell paralyzed from a rare virus.

Prednisone (which is in the same family of steriods) .. Lowers your immune system and leaves you at risk.

If I could prove this, I would have sued the company.

Twenty years later, i'm still paralyzed from the waist down, now suffering secondary complications.

Throw the pills out and never take them again.
|

replied October 5th, 2005
Prednisolone
I need some tips on this. I was on 30mg per day of prednisolone and I discover a facial change, I have puffy cheeks now. So the doctor reduce it to 15mg per day. Can I know whether the puffy cheek will go away. If will how long does it takes
|

replied July 6th, 2010
You should take your medicine for as long as your doctor tells you to. Do not stop taking the tablets except on medical advice.

If your doctor decides to stop your treatment, this may be done gradually. Your doctor will decide how to lower the dose, depending on how long you have been taking prednisolone tablets, how you respond, your normal dose and what you are being treated for.

Tell your doctor before taking Prednisolone, if:

you suffer from adrenal suppression or any other serious medical condition;
you have had, or are about to have any vaccinations;
you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
|