Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Leg, Arm, Hand And Foot Cramps

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I keep getting cramping in my legs, arms feet and hands what might be causing this?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Lasvegas0515
|

replied December 5th, 2004
Cramps
I play a lot of sports and get crams pretty often. I sweat a lot and loose a lot of salt. When this happens the cramping starts. To stop this from happening I started taking salt tablets. These are usually found at any drugstore. Also if you drink salt water when you are having a cramp it stops the cram fast with in in 2 min after you drink it. Remember drink a 8oz (regular glass) with plenty of salt. A lot of people cant do it but to get the cramp over with you should. Also if you have high blood pressure this isn't a good ideal.
|

replied February 1st, 2005
Re: Leg, Arm, Hand And Foot Cramps
bwashburn wrote:
i keep getting cramping in my legs, arms feet and hands what might be causing this?

have you received any replies? I have similar symptoms.
"celliott"
|

replied May 10th, 2010
I have hypothyroidism, but it''s under control with medication. I''m also almost 4 years out with my gastric bypass surgery. I get sudden, horrific cramps in my hands, feet, thighs and calves. Drinking gatorade as a preventative helps some, but not completely. They hit me mostly at night, but also occur to a lesser degree during the day. For instance, when I''m putting on a pair of shoes, my feet will draw and cramp for several minutes, or I may be sitting watching TV midday, and my hands will draw into claws. I take multivitamins 2x a day, calcium supplements, and b12 shots. HELP, somebody!
|
Quick Reply