Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Heart Pains

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me figure whats wrong with me. Ever since I was about 15 or so occasionally my heart (or the muscles in my heart) out of nowhere would start hurting very badly - but only if I breathed all the way out or all the way in. This situation would last for only a couple of minutes and the only way I could function is if I would kind of breathe "in the middle" if I attempted to take a full breath or breathe out all the way it felt like something was stretching my heart or like I had a band on. Sometimes I could actually push on my chest around my heart area and the pain would stop and I could breathe in and out all the way. I think I get one every month or so now (24yrs old now) but my heart races all the time now and sometimes I can feel it pumping so hard my entire body drums with it.

Any of this sound familiar?
Any help would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2004
I am not a doctor, but I think this sounds like pleurisy -- the lining around your heart is getting pinched and you can't take a deep breath without it hurting really, really bad. I have had this before and it only lasts for a few minutes and comes and goes. I don't think it is serious, but I haven't done much research on it. You may want to read up on it and see if it matches with your symptoms.

Dianna
|

replied December 6th, 2004
Thanks for the reply - i'll check into it Smile
|

replied December 10th, 2004
Hey, thats exactley what it was.. Thanks.
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2004
I am glad you got your situation resolved -- that is great!! Also, I am happy that my suggestion turned out to be true and not just me blabbering like an idiot, lol!! Laughing

dianna
|

replied December 27th, 2004
:) I got prescribed hexamethadone I think. Its for inflammation that's supposed to help.
|

replied February 16th, 2005
Me Too!
I experienced the same thing several times ever since I was about 12 years old and no one could tell me why it was....
|
Quick Reply