Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Fordyce Spots In Vagina? (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Fordyce spots in vagina? Can someone tell me in detail what these look like cause I think I have them (hopefully) bc I dont know what else I have and im scared about that. This was the only thing that describes maybe what I have but they didnt give much information!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 2nd, 2004
Experienced User
Sorry I can't help cuz i've never heard of that before...
|

replied December 2nd, 2004
I think I have the same thing. At the top, above the hood under the lip? It sounds like fordyce, sweat glads special to the area. Ive had them forever so ive always assumed. Do a google search.
Darkv
|

replied June 20th, 2009
I think i have them to...i thought they were genital herpes just because they look like it and i have been freaking out, but im a virgin so i cant have them so i found out about fordyce spots on google, and i think i have them cause the bumps dont itch and they dont hurt and i have had them for a long time, they are not dangerous or anything. and they are completey normal from what i read
|

replied July 5th, 2009
Fordyce's spots
HI,

I too thought that I had some STD but I do not have it.. And I found a picture of it on wikipedia. If you have serious doubts then go to a gynaecologist and have a second look Smile
|

replied October 10th, 2010
foredyce spots are very common in males and females affecting 80% of males and females .

there should be more information on this problem my gf had them my ex girlfriend had them you mostly see them on the lips of the vagina and inside vagina area they don't hurt but they are annoying.

if you had harpies you would know because they itch and hurt same with genital warts also you get foredyce when you just hit puberty when you start growing hair foredyce are hair follicles with out the hair.

you should not worry about them
|

replied November 21st, 2010
Fordyce spots or genital warts?!?!
Hey evrryone Smile Im a 19 year old female. I think i have the fordyce spots 'down below'. I found them a few months back and since i shave there i thought it was a ingrown hair and started scratching at it and it was bleeding for a little bit and was gone then not to long ago when i was washing i found them again.. I thought they were warts and i was looking up a site on how to get rid of warts at home and i seen a comment mentioning these 'fordyce spots' their kinda sore, they kinda look like cauliflower, their red at the end and lighter red alomos white at the top, they annoy me very much and very embarrssing,i have had a few sexual partners maybe up to 8. And 3 out of the 8 i didnt use a condom, when i got these 'new friends' as i like to call them, i had unprotcted sex about a month before it, i cant afford the docter and treatment, so can anybody here on this website help me please??
Rebecca.
|

replied July 3rd, 2012
Fordyce or warts
if they look like cauliflower they're most likely genital warts. Check your area for a free clinic and go get tested.
|

replied February 28th, 2011
I think i have them also. After years of being (slightly) worried I finally think that thats what they are. They are whitish flatish bumps all over the lips of my vagina. they never pop, blister, or hurt. I have tried to pop one and nothing came out. I think they may move around as well? anyway is this what everyones talking about?
|

replied March 9th, 2011
Dunno if you guys have seen this, haven't given it a go myself yet, but its pretty informational, offers a solution, and a guarantee.....if anything it calmed me down from thinking i had herpes or was weird lol
|

replied August 15th, 2011
FORDYCE SPOTS? WHAT ARE THEY?
well people let me tell you, i was scared SHITLESS wen i foud these, i have them around my vagina and on the inner lips of my vagina, theirs looks like theirs about a hundred(probley is) but ive researched them nd they are in fact Fordcye Spots (called fordyce cus thats the bloke who discovered them lol) they are harmless, do not itch, cause irritation, but look abit funny and enoy you right. well thats because they are harmless, they are their for realy no reason at all, 80% of people get them (male and female) and usually round about puberty, not everyone gets them but once you haver them ou can have them your whole life time or one day they simple might just disapeer. I know that they are harmless but their realy is no reason for treatment. if you ever have a parter who does not have them and they do not understand about them then tlk to them, educate them and concider yourself lucky you have them. they are realy nothing to freat about people so do not worry cus most people have them and they art a sexually transmted disease or herpes or aids or anything like that, their just part of your body, and id concider yourself lucky as some people have them on other parts of the body, oh yes, if you google them some people suffer with them on their lips and eyelids aswell as cheek bones, necks,backs and even hands, so do not worry yourselves people YOUR NORMAL!Smile
|

replied August 15th, 2011
FORDYCE SPOTS? WHAT ARE THEY?
well people let me tell you, i was scared SHITLESS wen i foud these, i have them around my vagina and on the inner lips of my vagina, theirs looks like theirs about a hundred(probley is) but ive researched them nd they are in fact Fordcye Spots (called fordyce cus thats the bloke who discovered them lol) they are harmless, do not itch, cause irritation, but look abit funny and enoy you right. well thats because they are harmless, they are their for realy no reason at all, 80% of people get them (male and female) and usually round about puberty, not everyone gets them but once you haver them ou can have them your whole life time or one day they simple might just disapeer. I know that they are harmless but their realy is no reason for treatment. if you ever have a parter who does not have them and they do not understand about them then tlk to them, educate them and concider yourself lucky you have them. they are realy nothing to freat about people so do not worry cus most people have them and they art a sexually transmted disease or herpes or aids or anything like that, their just part of your body, and id concider yourself lucky as some people have them on other parts of the body, oh yes, if you google them some people suffer with them on their lips and eyelids aswell as cheek bones, necks,backs and even hands, so do not worry yourselves people YOUR NORMAL!Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 10th, 2012
I had them on my penis since puberty but now I am 28 and I recently found them on my upper lip, that sucks. I just met a hot chick and she is really into kissing, first I thought that maybe it was STD cause I had given my girl head a couple days before but now thanks to this forum I feel more releived but its disgusting and I totally lost my self esteem, thanks Fordyce!
|

User Profile
replied April 10th, 2012
Guys does anyone know of a cure for the Fordyce spots on upper lip, I dont want it to progress and does anyone know how long it last because I am very disgusted now I am always looking at peoples lips to compare and I feel embarrased. Please help!!!!!
|

replied April 22nd, 2012
:(
omg i discovered loads and laods of tiny white (goosebump) like spots inside the lips of my vagina! i had never looked before and havent seen any other vaginas to compare with. are you sure this is normal? i just moved to the UAE and can not go to the docotor on my own... i am 17 and have to go with my parent and i only live with my dad... Sad i really dont want to go to a doctor, as well as that they dont speak english! so i was hoping i could find answers here!! i have the flu as of today and did have a bladder infection a few days ago... i thought they may have came because of that? maybe a yeast infection? i dont know. they sound like these though. thye dont hurt or anything! and there not filled with anything they just look like goosbumps!x
|

replied April 28th, 2012
Hope this helps
I hope this helps!!I have noticed the same thing!But I am first going to try acne removal.I know it sounds strange but think about it,acne removal opens pours and cleans them out.My kids us proactive an it really works for them,so I figure,Why not try it.This my help you also I dont know.One natural treatment for Fordyce spots women that get has ingredients such as sage extract, vitamin E acetate, sesame extract and silicon elastomer. This treatment, a sebum control made by CU-Skin, extracts excess secretions from the sebaceous glands its applied to, shrinks pores, and substantially decreases the amount of secretion from the glands. The skin that is being treated becomes smoother and the appearance of the annoying little bumps or spots disappears. The product can be mailed directly to your home without red flags on the outside of the box showing what you have ordered for your respected privacy. If you want to rid of the unsightly little critters, you may want to try a natural treatment.
|

replied May 4th, 2012
I have them pretty badly and for a while it did scare me because you don't hear people talk about it at ALL and certainly don't see it, so I thought something was majorly wrong. But since I have been to the gyno multiple times and they have never mentioned anything about it, I have just brushed it off. It doesn't bother me now (nor does it bother my boyfriend).
|

replied July 22nd, 2012
Fordyce spots?
I think I have these Fordyce spots i'm not sure there's quite a few of them down there and I also looked at some pictures of warts because that's what I thought it was but they didn't look like any of these pictures. I've only had sex once and I'm pretty sure I had these spots before I just have more now than I did back then.. Is it healthy to try and use an acne treatment to see if this goes away? They are pretty embarrassing..
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
COCONUT OIL...THE SECRET CURE!
COCONUT OIL IS YOUR SOLUTION!!!

I just recently got two of these, one on either side of my vaginal opening. Neither of them itched nor hurt. I tried popping them with no success. After about four months I went to the doctor to have them checked out. The doctor said they looked like benign cysts and ran tests for STD's, all came back negative. A few days after seeing the doctor my spots disappeared.

About one week before going to the doctor I had started adding 1tbsp of organic coconut oil to my coffee and/or hot tea. I was sure to drink 3tbsp each day. I started doing this for health benefits I'd heard about from my nutritionist.

After googling "hidden benefits of coconut oil" I found a forum of people with all sorts of diseases and disorders raving about the healing they've received by injesting coconut oil...diseases including genital herpes and aids.

Give it a try!!!
|

replied August 10th, 2012
fordyce spots? who can tell me what thesea are?
I have some tiny spots inside the bottom of my lip and around my vagina .I've been to the clinic about 5 times different times of the month from the start of this year. Anyway i was worrying about these spots. the first time i was positive for thrush so i thought it would turn out to be an std however i have been to the clinic again recently and been told that they are fordyce stops.I am 28 years of age and never noticed them before until after sexual intercourse.Can they appear at any time in life? Could this just be a coincidence? also I have milia spots on the bottom of my eyelids ever since I can remember could this be linked to the other two spots in the vagina and the lips? Another thing i've tried popping some and it's left broken skin. How can I make them go away? It's been bothering me for several months now.
|

replied September 15th, 2012
Fordyce spots
I recently discovered this and they seem to have multiplied but I have been to the doctor and she said they are normal sebaceous glands but they cause me a lot of discomfort. I need to make them go away? any ideas?
|
12 >>