Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Veins In Breast Becoming More Noticeable?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I know it probably differs from woman to woman, but how far into the pregnancy would this normally take place? I've been trying to get preg. For a few weeks now, but I won't be able to take a test for awhile yet.

Don't read this part if you don't want to hear about the veins.. Lol. I just noticed them yesterday, but I have three purplish veins on the sides of each of my breasts.. Like they look the same on each one. Almost spider vein like.. They're not blue. Any ideas? I appreciate all of your guy's input, thanks Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 1st, 2004
Experienced User
My veins started too become noticable, when my breasts started too become tender and sore.

I think that was at about 10 weeks. Could have been earlier though, because I had all my normal period symptons when I found out I was pregnant, exept the bleeding.
|

Hey, thanks for the reply. I only went off the pill a month ago, so if I was preg. I couldn't be that far along. I'm not sore either. You said yours were noticeable.. Were they regular blue ones or like the ones I described?
|

Experienced User
They were large blue ones, and a few smaller purple spidery ones.

The purple ones could be due too you being hot, or sweating alot around your breasts.
|

Thanks so much! It is only about 15 degrees around here, so I don't think they're from being too hot. Anyone else have any ideas? If not, I guess i'll just have to wait and see Smile
|

replied December 2nd, 2004
Experienced User
I have a lot of large blue ones all through my breasts which started a few days after conception....And I have little purple ones around my nipples....So its normal...Dont worry....
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Its totally normal babe!
|

So they're normal when you're not preg or when you are? Thanks again for the replies Laughing
|

Extremely eHealthy
They are more noticable when your pregnant because the amount of blood in your body increases by like 20% or something.
|

Experienced User
Yeah, I noticed those veins around 10 weeks. I saw them every where though.
|

Extremely eHealthy
My veins in my boobs are very noticable... And my nipples been hurting but not my boobies
|

Experienced User
My boobies did not hurt either, actually I pretty much did not have any symptoms except for an achy back and some nipple soreness.
|