Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Big! Painful! Bump

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
A few months ago I noticed a little bump that felt like a pimple on my very lower back, almost on my butt. You couldnt see it but you could feel it. It was about the size of the pea. Now over the past week its grown to about and inch long and an inch wide and is very painful! Does anyone know what this could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Have u seen it in the mirror or had a friend or someone look at it?
|

replied December 6th, 2004
Ouch!!!!
I felt pain so I looked in the mirror. Now the bump is bigger and darker almost like a bruise. It also has a white spot close to the center!!!! Does anyone know what this could be????
|

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
My guess is either a pimple or an ingrown hair. I would suggest soaking in a hot bath for awhile and then try to pop it. It will hurt, but.... I had an ingrown hair so bad once that my b/f had to take a knife to it! Ouch!!!!!!!!
|

replied December 8th, 2004
Eww a Boil
I went to the doctor today and they said it was a boil!!! He said it had gotten infected and was really deep!! I had minor surgery on it to remove all of the puss.Yuck! It was very painful!!!! If anyone has symptoms like I did please go to the doc. He said if it would have gotten any worse I could have ended up in the hospital. Now I am taking loratab and ibprofen for pain.
|

replied December 9th, 2004
Experienced User
Did he say how you got it?????????
|
Tags: pimple, skin
Quick Reply