Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Is There Breast Enlargement From Being On the Pill? (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I'm just starting to use ortho-tri-cyclene, and I have heard that women on the pill have vague breast enlargement. I was wondering if this was myth or truth. Reply as soon as possible. Thanx Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 20th, 2003
Experienced User
Ortho
I was on the pill for 2 years and experienced no breast enlargement. Although I guess some women may..It just all depends on how your hormoned react to it. I didnt get any side affects from it!

I wish I wouldve gotten the huge breast siede affect!! Cool

sarah
|

Extremely eHealthy
Lol, sarah is right-it might be from the hormones. But I havent heard anyone get that, and my sisters are on it too but not that kinda reaction!
|

No Luck
Mine didn't enlarge either! : (

might have experienced some weight gain though. : ( : (

for me, the benefits outweighed the cons.
|

Experienced User
I am on ortho-tricyclen, and my breasts will get slightly swollen right before my period arrives.

I have never noticed any swelling any other time though.
|

replied October 22nd, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
It can happen 2 some woman mainly due to fluids in the body (i think) but unfortunately, it aint happened 2 me!
Liz x
|

replied November 7th, 2003
I am on ortho and my breasts have grown a full cup size. I think it is due to the fact that the pills are too strong for me.
|

replied November 12th, 2003
Experienced User
Wondering03!!!
Good news, haha
my hunny told me that he thinks my boobs are getting big! I guess I lucked out eh? Although my tummy is getting a little plump! How long did it take you to go up a cup size???
Sarah!~
|

replied November 25th, 2003
Cup Size
It took about a month after starting them
|

replied February 1st, 2004
I went up about a cup size right after starting, however they stopped after that.
|

replied February 11th, 2004
I also went up a cup size in about 6 months but it stopped after that. Guess we were just lucky Smile
|

replied January 28th, 2005
To you lucky ladies whose breasts grew...
Do you remember which birth control you were on?
It's weird how a couple of you had growth initially and then it stopped, and another didn't have growth until 6 months. Also, are you all pretty young???....I am 27 and I didn't know if there was a cut off age at which we might be lucky enough to experience some breast growth.
|

replied January 28th, 2005
Experienced User
I'm 26 and was on ortho pills for years and had no breast growth.. However recently I went on the ortho evra patch and have grown half a size!! I'm not complaining of course .. I just hope they don't go back down!
|

replied January 29th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I was on the pill,many brands,for many years and I did not have any significant growth :cry: .I'm off the pill now and I really miss it!I had to go off due to severe menstrual migraines(high risk for stroke after 40).
Patty
|

replied July 26th, 2005
Hi
So do the brands that they sell on the internet work? I been looking at many websites and it said best of 2005 gain plus or somthing and 2nd best is vanity. Well my bf said it was a bad idea to get them cause...From wat he says if they did really work every one would know about it and use it and it would be on t.V. And no 1 would go get them surgicly done. I think that is true but.... I wanna know from the people that actually took it.

So please let me know pm me if u got 2!

<3 judy
|

replied July 27th, 2005
I am taking desogen and I already have extremely large breasts and now they have grown more largely than I can handle. I was already self-conscious about the size before, and now larger,i don't think I can take it!!! :x
|

replied August 1st, 2005
Ages?
Sorry, this is kind of a similar question as before. But how old were you (the ones that experienced breast growth?) if you could post replies or send a message that would be greatly appreciated!

Also, is it with that specific birth control form/brand? Or do other contraceptives enlarge breasts?
|

replied August 1st, 2005
Experienced User
Lets see im 17 here, and am on ortho-tri lo and my breasts went from a b all the way up to where im busting out of a c (c is only covering half my breast!) and need a d, I have gained some weight, im not huge or anything, but my boobs are gigantic, haha. My bf likes them, but I dont think I cared for the extra hips/legs and tummy that came with it, haha. : )
|

replied March 18th, 2012
just wondering how long yours took to grow... i was recently on yaz which did wonders for acne and weight but kept giving me infections... so i've been on tri-cyclen lo for about 2 months at the end of next week.... just seeing if I should look out for anything lol
|

replied August 1st, 2005
I know that now pills have a lot les hormones than the used to and that it was way more frequent to have the hugeboobs side effect before so I guess its linked. Also im on the patch now but ive just started... Believe me any increase in size would be greatly appreciated by both me n my bf lol, how many of you have experiences breast growth on the patch?
|

replied June 11th, 2006
I am 18 and have been on the patch for 3 months now. I began noticing my breast grow within the first two weeks and they are still growing now. I have increased from a small a to a b. Although they have been very tender and sore the entire 3 months, but everyone has noticed my new breasts and close friends have even commented that they have grown rapidly becuase I have always been pretty flat chested and now I actually have clevage in shirts. The patch also cleared up my acne and thined down my underarm and bikini hair growth. I recommend trying the patch to anyone who is unsatisfied with their small breast size.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh