Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

2 Weeks Post Op, Total Abdominal Hysterectomy, Back Pain!

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I am just 2 weeks from surgery. I am suffering severe lower back pain.
The doctor told me she thought it was pooled blood causing pressure on a nerve. She also said it may take 2 weeks to 3 months to resolve.

I also have severe interstitial cystitis. So my bladder is very painful all the time. I have been on strong opioid medication for 3 years.
80mg. Oxycontin every 12 hours, 15mg. Oxycodone every 4-6 hours and now for the back pain dilaudid 6mg. Every 4-6 hours.
I should not be hurting like this!

The pain feels like it radiates down my legs and my knees feel like they will give out.

Any ideas? Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 18th, 2005
Re: 2 Weeks Post Op, Total Abdominal Hysterectomy, Back Pain
spongemom sweatpants wrote:
i am just 2 weeks from surgery. I am suffering severe lower back pain.

The doctor told me she thought it was pooled blood causing pressure on a nerve. She also said it may take 2 weeks to 3 months to resolve.

I also have severe interstitial cystitis. So my bladder is very painful all the time. I have been on strong opioid medication for 3 years.
80mg. Oxycontin every 12 hours, 15mg. Oxycodone every 4-6 hours and now for the back pain dilaudid 6mg. Every 4-6 hours.

I should not be hurting like this!

I am nearly three weeks post op fvh I started with the back pain straight away. The surgeons said it was because the catheter was not in correctly, I was desperate for a wee and the bag was not filling. They said that the pressure of the bladder and ill fitting catheter was pressing into my back. I have suffered ever since. Realy wish you a speedy recovery and hope things get easier.X
the pain feels like it radiates down my legs and my knees feel like they will give out.

Any ideas? Thank you.
|

replied September 25th, 2010
Heath battle with Oxycotin OP and IC
I too have been on oxycotin for years and just received the new oxyicotin op and after one week use I have now the worst thing (IC) and went to the Dr and now taking meds to cure it, but everytime I take my pain med OP I feel like I'm right back were I started before going to the Dr. Can anyone say the same?
|

replied December 17th, 2010
I too am in my 2nd week. I feel alright. but not able to sit up for long.. I feel a slight pain to my right side, but so far no back pain. I feel a pull at the navel area at times that feels strange..
|