Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Foreskins..

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
Hi,
im not enjoying one bit of posting this, but I have to see if anyone has any solutions to this problem.. My foreskin is tight, doesnt always retract. When it does, its ok, but tight (feels like its going to snap, a highly uncomfortable feeling both mentally and physically!!) then after a few sessions of having it back, it gets to a point of being really really sore and there is no way it could be retracted!! Its awful, I feel so embarrased! Its there anyway of sorting this out, like getting it to stay more loose permenantly?
I really hope someone can give me some advise, im not enjoying this one bit!
Thanks alot...
M
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 30th, 2004
Experienced User
Ok hun, I know this is embarrassing but you're going to have to see a doctor. You can request to see a guy if you feel more comfortable, and remember: they've seen it all before.

This is quite a common problem, and in some cases a circumcision is necessary, but don't panic, it may not be needed in your case. Don't leave problems like this before going to see a dcotor - that's what they're there for.
|

Eeeek! Ok, a doctor it is then.. What other options can they give other than the very drastic one you mentioned.. I have to say I dont right fancy that. . . Ohh my.. Thanks for the help..
M
|

Ook... This whole subject is having a more profound effect on me than I thought. The idea of having my penis cut isnt something I can really grasp, or want to have to get used to. . (i realise that im not alone in this thought, and im not sympathy grabbing! Haha)
anyway, I had a look on the web, says I might be able to get some cream, but ultimately I still need a circum.. Well. Ok. But it also said that you need a circum if your foreskin is actually stuck to your gland. Well mine isnt, I can remove it, and sometimes its relatively easy. Can anyone suggest (in this interim period before I see a doctor) any other ways of permenantly solving this problem? Id be really grateful :d
thanks alot
m
|

replied December 1st, 2004
I had the same problem
i was never told when I was younger that I had to retract my foreskin and wash behind it, I only learnt when I was about 17!!

It took me about 6 months but id gradually pull it back farther and farther every day until I can now pull it back all the way without any discomfort

it used to hurt a lot and bathing in the bath helps.
In hind sight I should have seen the doctor but if you are scared to it might be worth while trying what I did.

Your skin is very elastic and supple and as long as you know your body you cant do much damage [if it hurts lots then stop, but it will be a bit uncomfortable]
|

replied December 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Don't worry hun, most men don't need a circumcision. Try retracting it alittle at a time and just working out the little fella- how far you can retract him and so on. Glad to hear you're going to a doctor, that's sensible.
|

replied December 2nd, 2004
Ahh thanks alot guys, although for a while this is had me pretty worried (especially given iv got someone very special coming to see me in a month..) I also think its pretty funny!
Anyways, im seeing a quack tomorrow, we'll see how that goes down.. Ill post what ever he advises on here so that anyone else with the same problem has got some information. . .
Also, what you say about doing it gradually over time, I guess that would have been more sensible for me.. I was trying the foreskin retracting equivilant of 'shock and awe' .. Thinking that a bit of pain would in the end stretch the cheeky boy.. I guess its more sensible to be kind to my penis..
Anyway, thanks again for your help, il report back tomorrow for those whom it may interest!
Cheers
m
|

replied December 2nd, 2004
I used to have the same problem, till me and my wife got together and when she gave me a "hand-job" it hurt alittle then one day she was really going to town on it and it didnt hurt anymore.Hmm
|

replied December 5th, 2004
Ok..
I went to the doc, said I had thrush! When he explained how he knew, I realised that it had only been like that for a few days.. Which is weird. Anyway, he gave me something for that, and im using it, seems to be sorting that little issue... Embarassed
and now I got some advise on strentching exercises.. We'll see how it goes, rather worrying, if it fails he says a snip might be in order.
Guess ill see what happens. Thanks for your help guys!
M
|

replied December 7th, 2004
Errgg..
Im thinking this natural stretching business isnt going to sort my problem out. . I think my foreskin maybe scarred, so it will never become stretchy again.
So
if I have to have a cut made, or a circum, can someone please describe the process that ill under go? Id prefer to get what may well happen clear in my mind well before I have to have it done.. If I do indeed have to.
Golly, what a pickle. Haha..
M
|
Tags: penis, back sore
Quick Reply