Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

My Lower Back Is Killing Me...

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
My lower back has been sore for a few weeks now, but then on friday I was walking across the parking lot at the mall and slipped on some ice under the snow...I fell on my butt and felt fine when I got up, but for the past few days, my back has been soooo sore when I bend or when i'm laying down. Makes it hard to sleep....Any ideas? Do u think it was the fall that did it, or just that my mattress sucks?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 30th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
It would be worth your time to go to your family doctor and talk to them about what has happened and see if pain meds and pt will help. An x-ray or even better and mri will be very useful in diagnosing of you hurt your lower back with the fall on the hard pavement. Don't wait to see if the pain goes away, it will probably only get worse and then it may be too late for conservitive treatments to help. Just my opinion of course. Smile
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I agree, and xray would be a good idea, but considering there's a chance that I could be pregnant, I don't think that's a very good idea unfortunately. My back feels better today though. So maybe it was just from the way I was sleeping...
|

replied December 7th, 2004
I would seriously recommend going to the doctor as soon as you can.. I feel on ice, and felt fine for a year afterward. And then just felt ridiculous pain, and had to go to the er. Turned out I fractured my l5 and now have disc degeneration at 26. So even though you may feel fine, you may have some damage. Just some advice from someone who's been there.. Smile
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks Smile i'm planning on going to see my doctor as soon as I get home next week.
|