Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Pain Between Shoulder Blade And Down Left Arm

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
11 months ago I had a fusion in my neck of 2 vertebre. A plate was put in to secure them. About 3 months after the surgery I started having alot of pain in my neck that went down between the shoulder blades and down my left arm. This pain is getting worse and is constant. It seems like I can feel little granuals in my neck whenever my neck cracks. I have taken vioxx, skelaxin,soma,flexeril,motrin,narcotics. Nothing is easing the pain. Everytime I go back to the dock, they blow it off like its nothing. I am 30 years old and I need to get this fixed. Please please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 25th, 2003
Hypertrophic Facet Disease/bulging Discs L-3-4 -l4-5
What is this, and how is it normally treated/ I am in a lot of pain and it goes down both my legs and into my buttocks?
|

replied July 22nd, 2004
Shoulder Blade Pain
I, too, had surgery. For c5/6 disk herniation. I had excruciating pain in my right shoulder blade as one of my first symptoms. Mri finally showed disk herniation. This is a long story, so I will not bore you with all the details - but do not let doctors blow you off!!! Visit as many as you can until you find one that will listen. This is what I did. I saw 8 doctors before I finally found one that would listen to me an appreciate that I had lost almost all of the function of my arm and hand. You can't blow that off! Everybody's case is different, but what is constant is that the pain is life altering. Hey, i'm a teacher. If one of my students says that he or she still doesn't get it, I continue to help them. Doctors need to do the same.

Best of luck to you! Smile
|

replied September 8th, 2006
Re: Pain Between Shoulder Blade And Down Left Arm
jerzeemedic wrote:
11 months ago I had a fusion in my neck of 2 vertebre. A plate was put in to secure them. About 3 months after the surgery I started having alot of pain in my neck that went down between the shoulder blades and down my left arm. This pain is getting worse and is constant. It seems like I can feel little granuals in my neck whenever my neck cracks. I have taken vioxx, skelaxin,soma,flexeril,motrin,narcotics. Nothing is easing the pain. Everytime I go back to the dock, they blow it off like its nothing. I am 30 years old and I need to get this fixed. Please please help.
I also have the same problem, for 6 years to be exact. The only thing I can say is the pain is still with me. Dr's look at me like i'm making it up. Med's don't work, they don't tell you before surgery that the out come is worse, and that you end up worse then when you went in. The problems your having are probably degenerative disc disease.. Look into it.. Good luck..
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2006
Self Help Exercises
There is no money back guarantee with surgery otherwise it would not be used so often.

You may try to help yourself doing speciffic exercises for your spine.

Please visit Dorn-method.Com and check them out.

Blessings
thomas
|

replied September 25th, 2007
Re: Hypertrophic Facet Disease/bulging Discs L-3-4 -l4-5
This sounds like sciatica now and again without warning i get this gripping pain Exclamation Exclamation Horrid feeling as you cant control it until it stops mine lasts approx 10 seconds which feels like 10 minutes Crying or Very sad
|

replied October 6th, 2007
Fusing Neck Verterbre
I've been told the best way for me to go with my neck pain is a fusion on 5&6. I have heard it doesn't last and is not going to take this pain away. I found information on "The Spinal Kinetics M6 Cervical ADR". It sound like a wonderful way to handle this problem......there's just one small problem...it's in Germany and you will be gone 14 days. So, once again, no money--no cure!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar