Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Nauseous All the Time (Page 1)

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
For the last month I have been feeling nauseous when I get up until noon then it breaks for a while and comes back around 5 or 6. I have also been getting lightheaded and have had certain adversions to food and including my toothpaste. I had to switch because I couldn't stop dry heaving when I put my toothbrush in my mouth. The smell of certain foods even makes me nauseous. I am also not pregnant like you must be thinking now because I am still getting my period. I don't know what is wrong with me and I don't want to go to the doctor in case it isn't anything and I am just nuts. Does anyone know what this is?? Could someone give me any advice please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad Confused Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Blondie321
|

replied December 6th, 2004
Having you period has nothing to do with not being pregnant. I would still get a test done. What you are describing is pregnancy related, especially the tooth brush/paste thing. I would see a doctor - unfortunately there are not physicians to diagnose you - and get a prego test done incase.
I have problems with my stomach too with nausea - I am going to my doc on wed - and I will ask for a test too. They do it anyways incase...I've been feeling sick in the morning and throughout the day but worse when I eat. Although - I have had major stomach problems for the past 2 years. I hate it soooooooo much.

Good luck.
|

replied December 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Thanks for your reply. I can't get into the gyno until january so I think I will try my regular physician and I think he will give me a blood test.
|

replied January 13th, 2006
Hi
Ya, I felt discomft too when I put the toothpaste in my mouth. And I just dunno why. I felt nausea all the time. And that just disturbed me !
|

replied May 5th, 2008
same
i feel nauseous all the time..i dry heave all the time...i dont know if it is just in my head or what...i am trying to come off Paxil and for the past week and a half i have been take none so i dont know if that is it...im also on yasmine a birth control so i dont know what is going on with me....what do u guys think
|

replied January 31st, 2009
Toothpaste thing
I havent used protection for over 4 years and have never got pregnant...I had ny period last month but for some reason the past three months my period has lasted less and less days then it normally lasts. This morning i was brushing my teeth and about 3 min later i was puking. Before I had brushed my teeth i was a bit dizzy the room was spinning other then that eveything is fine. I dont feel sick from food or smells? please help?
|

replied March 17th, 2009
Same
I started having the same kind of feelings when I was younger, and it kind of dissapeared. But recently it came back again. I don't know what to do. It feels like a bubble is in the back of my throat, and when it comes up it feels like vomit. I really am getting tired, my doctor gave me prevacid and I'm going to see if it helps. But is there any other advice on what this can be?
|

replied April 17th, 2009
Emetophobia
For some of you guys, you might want to look up emetophobia.
I live with it but i dont have an extreme case.I am 18 years old and felt sort of relieved when i realized that this was why i am constantly nauseous.
I hope this helps the people here and people who come here in the future.
|

replied April 26th, 2009
nauseating
for about 1 month now i feel nauseating. I am in my menopause since 2 years. What could be the problem. I am 52 yrs old
|

replied December 7th, 2009
Also Having the nausous symptoms..
yes, im 18 years of age right now, and i cant stop feeling nauseated.Its been like this for about 6 months already and still the doctors cant find out whats wrong with me. Iam certanly not pregnant, i got that checked out already, but certain days i would not think about it and i would feel great, and then there are other days where i would feel sick all day on and off. I just dont know what to do anymore! And sometimes i wonder if it is in my head? If anyone has any thoughts or sugesstions, please help me!
|

replied November 10th, 2011
I am having exactly the same problems. I am also an 18 year old and this has been going on for years. Some days I feel perfectly fine and others I feel nausous through out the day. It gets so bad that I sometimes can not continue with my daily activities and I try to sleep it off but it never works. I am not pregnant. I have had tests done and no doctors have been able to figure it out yet. I actually switched primary care givers because she thought that it was all in my head, and I am pretty positive that it is not!
|

replied March 8th, 2010
nauasea all the time but no throwing up
My daughter has been nauseous for many many years now...shes 16 and we still have no answers! They have done several scopes down her throat and all is well. She even gets nausea from drinking water! So upsetting to not know why!
|

replied March 17th, 2010
nausea
I have been feeling nauseaous for the past 3 days and have even vomitted but also i have been experiencing floaters in front of my eyes, does anyone know if i have a condition or could it be apart of stress as i've been rushed off my feet @ work plus i'm studying when i get home?
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2010
ok, i am having pretty much the exact same problems only, i am 15 and i am absolutely positive i am not pregnant because i am a virgin and i am straight edge so i don't smoke, or do drugs, or drink. I have been having these problems as far as i can remember. I have four doctors trying to figure it out, but it is nice to know that i am not the only one.
|

replied June 28th, 2010
im 16 and i have felt like this for the past three years, and i got checked and the doctor said i have IBS. Which i know it is not it, because i take medcine and i still feel nauseous. there has to be an answer why i feel like this all the time. i just want to feel normal and not sick all the time. it makes me wonder if this is all in my head and if im crazy or and am i actually struggling with something that other people are too.
|

replied June 28th, 2010
Nausea Every Day
Same here! Nauseated all the time, pain in abs, vomiting nearly every day, tired, bad memory, sinus migraines, etc. Doctors have done nearly every test including a HIDA Scan, Chest X-Ray, Head and Back MRI, Ultrasound, CT, 2 Endoscopies, Upper GI/Small Bowel Series, etc. The only thing they found was a sinus infection, CT showed possible SMA Syndrome but was ruled out after GI and inflammation of small bowel. They have yet to make a diagnosis after 3 months. Can't work because I'm so sick.
|

replied August 5th, 2011
I am at mid-life and have all those symptoms. Finally my sister-in-law found me some relief in a bottle of smelling salts! She bought a couple of bottles online from the UK and gave me one. I tried sniffing it gently when I feel very nauseous and it almost instantanously disappeared! I was scared of it at first but after doing some research online, I'm convinced it is safe.
|

replied August 11th, 2011
I feel like i just read my life story reading this.I have been sick for over a year now and the doctors cant find anything wrong with me.Im on Zofran and it doesnt help and now the smell of food is making me ill.Did u ever find any answers?
|

replied July 22nd, 2010
For the past 4 weeks i have been feeling sick. On the first 2 weeks, I have felt like something was wrong in my stomach. Like I couldn't eat that much without starting to feel a little nauseous. Then during the next two weeks, i have been feeling like throwing up without the nasuea. And I just turned 14 today , so im not pregnant, also because I haven't done it yet. Somebody please give some answers, because this really sucks having to endure this.
|

replied August 30th, 2010
Nausea and Dizzyness After Period
Ok i just recently got off my period about 2 weeks ago. Last week is when i start feeling nausea. The nausea is all day but i will never throw up. When i stand up i feel dizzy and light headed. I drink plenty of water so im not sure what could be the problem. Can anybody tell me whats wrong with me please?.
|

replied January 26th, 2011
CONSTANT NAUSEA
This is crazy, FINALLY a bunch of people that know what im talking about! I have been nauseous for probably around a year, EVERYDAY! I am 29 M. I have been to serveral doctors and they say everything looks fine with me. I feel like saying "Well...I DONT FEEL FINE!" Its so frustrating because it really affects my quality of life, feeling like your gonna throw up any second. Ive figured out that it is the worst in the morning and around 6PM, although I am atleast a little nauseous the whole day. The nausea has affected my appitite so much that the only way I can eat is if i smoke marijuana before. I with throw up sometimes but usually i just gag when it gets real bad. I dont understand how the doctors have no idea what could cause me to have such severe nausea ALL THE TIME. I figured I would eventually find a doctor that would say "yeah you probably have this..." or "you might have this...." but so far I havent even gotten that yet. It sucks! it makes you not want to do anything, who wants to go out when they feel like they are gonna throw up? I would do ANYTHING to fix this problem but I dont know what i can do, my only hope is that one day I find a doctor that knows what this is. To everyone that posted I FEEL YOUR PAIN! Wink
|

replied March 31st, 2011
i am somewhat glad i am not the only one with this problem. been feeling nausea for about 6 years now and just turned 27 it comes and goes just like you all have described and i know its not pregnancy either. usually at work i just chew mint gum to help settle the nausea somewhat. going to try dramamine see if it helps relieve some of it.
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
Omg mint gum is the ONLY thing that remotely helps WTH is this?
|

replied March 31st, 2011
i am somewhat glad i am not the only one with this problem. been feeling nausea for about 6 years now and just turned 27 it comes and goes just like you all have described and i know its not pregnancy either. usually at work i just chew mint gum to help settle the nausea somewhat. going to try dramamine see if it helps relieve some of it.
|