Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

What Contraception Is There For Men?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Women get the pill, the morning after pill, patches, diaphrams , implants and probably more. What is there for men? Just the condom?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 26th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Condoms, vasectomy... Sorry. That's about it. I think it's great that you are asking. Most guys leave it up to us, and that's why it sucks to be a girl sometimes. We have to take care of almost everything. But, I think if you provide birth control (condoms, foam) or help her get her own she would be very appreciative. I bet the sex would be better if you show how much you care about protecting her (and yourself). Smile
|

Yea there should be more for men. I guess hormones or whatever dont change the effectivness of our sperm

whats foam?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I think they should make a pill for guys that would be kool if they could still have sperm but cant get a girl pregnant
|

Extremely eHealthy
There is a foam that has spermacide in it. You have to insert into her vagina.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Doctors have been working on a male contraceptive pill for years-seems to be a little trickier than the female version.It will be a great day when they are able to give men the responsibility of oral contraception!!!Patty
|

Experienced User
That still wouldnt be enough for me. I like being on the pill, because I know i',m protected. Who knows how long that condom has been in his wallet? Ya know?

Urge her to get some sort of birth control though. My bf urged me- he said we couldnt fool around until I was on it! I made an appt at my doctor, and went from there. He was very helpful and always calls me at 10pm (unless he's here) to remind me to take it!
|

Thats what I mean tho. You say you like being on the pill cus u know ur protected, well I wish I had that same option. And if both male and female were on the pill it would be a really really low chance of getin pregnant
|

replied November 30th, 2004
Experienced User
Kitty2luv
when a guy is sterile, he doesn't have sperm, just semen. When you do a b/j, you don't have babies in your mouth, either. The women carries the eggs.........
Go back in school!!!!!!!!...............
|

replied November 30th, 2004
Experienced User
Kitty2luv
when a guy is sterile, he doesn't have sperm, just semen. When you do a b/j, you don't have babies in your mouth, either. The women carries the eggs.........
Go back in school!!!!!!!!...............
|