Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Tubal Ligation And Pregnancy?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I had my tubes tied 10 months ago after the birth of my twins. Can you get pregnant after the surgery and still have a period. Last month my period was lighter than usual. My breasts feel fuller and I am sleeping all of the time. The only signs of pregnancy I had with my other children was being tired all of the time. Any response would be helpful!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I've heard of women getting pregnant after having their tubes tied. So it does happen, but I don't know how common it is. Get a test done, and good luck Smile
|

Experienced User
Yes you can get pregnant while you have you tubes tide....The baby will be in your tubes though [so its very unlikely that the baby will survive] or thats what I heard....But I know for sure that u can get preg. With your tubes tied and the baby will be in your tubes because it happened to my aunt....Get a test sweetie...Good luck...
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I heard once that a woman had her tubes tied, but they didn't do it properly so the egg still got to her uterus...I guess it's possible. Probably not likely though.
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2004
Community Volunteer
My friend's little sister was born after her moms tubes were tied. She is fine other than she is 60% deaf in both ears. They are not sure if that's because of the tubes being tied or the fact that her mom has lupus. This young girl is now 17 years old so.... Anything is possible!
|

replied November 28th, 2004
Tubal Ligation And Pregnancy?
Thank you guys for all of your responses. They have been very helpful. I felt stupid for thinking I could be pregnant after a tubal was done. I am four days away from my period, so I will see!
|

replied December 13th, 2004
I just wanted to say you can get pregnant after having a tubal. If you get pergnant after a tubal you are at high risk for a ectopic pregancy. You can find more information out on this topic at www.Ectopic.Org it lists great information
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2009
Virginia
I had my tubes tied,and cut and burnt,17 years ago.can i get pregnant,again.have not had a period in 2 months,have all the systoms.
|

replied December 10th, 2009
Can I be preggy???
Can anyone respond to galpal 2000. Im in the same situation but only got mine done 7 years ago.
|

replied December 27th, 2009
im in same position
im in same position and had tubal 14 yrs ago and now experiencing implantation bleeding!
|

replied October 5th, 2011
Hi I had my tubal dnt after I had my daughter 2 years ago... I been sick wit get cold can't knock dem... having bad headaches & back pains... I feet my period at da end of each month 4 3days... I got it da end of Aug but it was very very lite... and at the end of Sept I didn't see no period and still haven't seen 1 yet.... but my mood swings had changed & I be hot & could gain like 10 pounds.. Wut do y'all think I should do I'm in tears over here cuz o dnt believe in abortions & I already have 3 kids... helpp
|

replied February 7th, 2012
im a mom of 6 and i had my tubes tied in aug 2010. im having some symptoms like bad headaches, nausea, dizziness to the point of passing out, wierd cravings, and alot of clear vaginal discharge. could i be pegnant and is it possible to have negative home tests????
|

replied February 7th, 2012
im a mom of 6 and i had my tubes tied in aug 2010. im having some symptoms like bad headaches, nausea, dizziness to the point of passing out, wierd cravings, and alot of clear vaginal discharge. could i be pegnant and is it possible to have negative home tests????
|