Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Brown Icky Vaginal Discharge

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I dont know what it is.. Ive never had it before... It doesnt smell bad or anything.. Its just dark brown chunky slimy discharge...It just started yesterday when I finished my period...Someone help me!!...I just went to the doctor's and I have strep throat...Would this have any affect on my discharge!?...I dont know.. Im really nervous..Do I have an infection!?
Help me please!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 24th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Im glad you mentioned that you just came off your period... Thats most likely what its from. Just old blood escaping. No worries I have it sometimes too. If it lasts an abnormally long time (like more than a few weeks) you may want to get it checked out by your doctor.
|

Thanx!
Oh my gosh I feel so much better now.. Thank you! Laughing
|

Experienced User
I was going to say the same thing. Since the blood from your peirod can well get old it turns stale and brown looking. It will be thicker than just discharge tho, if it's brown and runny, well I might still go see a doc.
|

replied July 30th, 2010
I'm having the same thing and am wondering how long it usually lasts? Or how long it lasted for you? At what point should I be worried? 2 weeks?
|

replied February 12th, 2012
hiya
emm ive got the implant in a havent had spotting or bleeding yet this is the second time its been in and feeling tired and sick all the time dont know what it is my boyfriend thinks i could cervical cancer and i think am pregnant
|

replied September 29th, 2012
What to do? brown Icky discharge!!
Okay so I'm have the same problem.. but I finished my cycle 2days ago.. I do have the paraguard for birthcontrol.. but I also had sex yesterday With a condom (but it broke at the end) never had this before help !!!!.
|