Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Experiencing Vision "firework Show"

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
It is so weird and nobody knows exactly what it is caused by?? In short, I have a constant appears like a "fireworks" in my vision. I notice all the time, especially when I am outside in the light or a lighted room. The only time I can't see them, is when I am in a setting inside, not outside. Just not sure, but is really annoying. I thought maybe I have hiv, but I have contiunally tested negative, so not sure, but it seemed to all start after I had possible exposure, and after I had a bad intial sickness, but contiually test negative for hiv..This may not have anything to do with it, just giving background. Just wondering if anybody experiences this or is it just me?? Thanks I am scared though.. Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 23rd, 2004
Experienced User
You may have a detached retina. You need to go to a doc immediately.
|

to Who Though???
I have asked my medical doctor and they are not sure and I have also asked the doctor who checks vision for my contacts and glasses update. I am not sure what he is called, as far as his title, but he works for like a vision world, america's best, sear's optical, something like that. He didn't know either, so what else do I do???
|

Experienced User
Are you seeing flashes of light out the side of your eye? Like lightning?
|

replied November 24th, 2004
No, Just Like a Fireworks Display Is the Best Way...
No, just like a fireworks display is the best way that I can describe it. It is like tiny star shape flashes. Like looking into the sky, it just shows little sparkles.
|

replied December 2nd, 2004
Fireworks
You may want to have your blood pressure checked. Also, if that's not the case, see a neurologist. There are a few causes for what you describe. I hope that it's just bp and not something else. :d
|

replied December 2nd, 2004
Thanks..i Do Have a Seizure Disorder But....
Thanks..I do have a seizure disorder but....He is not sure what it is..I am so scared that it has to do with hiv, but I have tested negative to that 12 times at least, but I have had symptoms that hiv people have. I don't get it??
|

replied January 18th, 2005
I can get the same thing to happen to me if I look at snow without sunglasses on. Try polarized sunglasses. Might help
|

replied March 22nd, 2005
Please read my post....Is that what your talking about? I c the same thing u c all the time....How long has it been goingn on for you and has it ever gotten better?
|

replied May 23rd, 2009
vision fireworks
My mother and I both experience this. I have learned to enjoy the show. It only happens in bright white rooms and does burn out after a minute or so. There are brown shooting stars in the peripheral vision.
|

replied April 6th, 2010
Fireworks vision
I have the exact same thing. It doesn''t happen to me all the time. Just once in awhile. But it is scary. I have been to opthamologist before but when they do the full tests on me they say that I am completely normal. They only thing I have is rare genetic astigmatism which does no harm accept for my semi poor depth perception. Do you have an astigmatism? Maybe this is the key????
|

replied April 8th, 2010
I have a deformed lens from birth which causes astigmatism, but my mom has normal vision.
|

replied April 24th, 2010
I have experienced something similar except I would consider whatever it is as having a kaleidescope overlaying my vision. It's not just annoying, it's scary. It seems to be triggered by bright light and luckily only lasts for 15-20 minutes. Sure wish somebody knew what the heck it is!
|

replied May 18th, 2011
ataxia
I have just been diagnosed with ataxia....It is a nuerological disorder and yesterday I experienced my first fire work show lasted about 5 solid minutes...
|

replied May 18th, 2011
ataxia
I have just been diagnosed with ataxia....It is a nuerological disorder and yesterday I experienced my first fire work show lasted about 5 solid minutes...
|

replied April 7th, 2012
Peripheral Vision Disturbances
I am 44. Starting around age 21, I got peripheral vision "fireworks", only like dark fireworks on normal background. Not lit-up, but appearing to go off anyhow. I also got zillions of floaters around the same time. Ten years later, around age 30, I started to see "wormies" when looking at light backgrounds (sky, snow). The only controls I have found are eyewash for the floaties and get enough rest and peace to reduce the fireworks. The wormies, no solution yet. Doctors don't like to discuss any of these things, probably because they can't fix them. I learned a long time ago that the less I said, the less they would look at me like I were a fruitloop. I have suffered in total silence about these 3 ailments for over 20 years. But, now, because of your sharing and honesty, I finally know my vision is somewhat normal and I am not alone in my situation. Thank you for that!
|
Quick Reply