Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

Anyone Know How Much a Sperm Test Cost?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
My fiance' has to get a sperm test done, because he has a rare case of pituitary/thyroid disease, and we want to find out whether or not he is fertile. The only problem is, with his insurance all bloodwork and stuff needs to be done at a lab corp, but they dont do fertility testing. He is going to see my urologist so they can give him a referral to get it done in an hospital.

Our main concern is, how much is this going to cost?

Were getting married in less than a year and have a lot of expenses coming up and dont have much money as it is. But he really needs to get this done for future planning.

Has anyone gotten a sperm test done in a hospital? If so, what was the price range? Were figuring around $200.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JAR81
|

replied November 25th, 2004
Test Cost
$200. Wow!!!!

My husband had one done a few months ago at our local hospital. It cost $40.00. My obg/yn made the referral. I went and picked up the order from the clinic on one day. And, the next day day, I took the specimen to the hospital. However, you've got to be able to get the sample to the hospital within about 15-20 minutes.

Good luck!!!!!
|

replied November 25th, 2004
I think you should view yafoulli's posting about infertility. Others rang in on cost of sperm analysis cost. Maybe that'd give you a better picture of the cost than what I told you. My husbands was only $40.00. But, many other users posted there giving higher costs as much as nearly $200. I guess it just depends on where you live.
|

replied August 15th, 2005
My husbands also only cost 40.00!
|

replied December 13th, 2011
semen test
were did he go to get one done ar?
|

replied September 17th, 2005
Anyone Know How Much a Sperm Test Cost?
My fiance' just had to have a sperm analysis done approx. 2 months ago....The price was $240.00 but when we got there because he didnt have any insurance, they charged us $150.00. It is alot of money to get one done but good luck...We found out that my fiance' only has 19% motility and we only have a 30% chance of conceiving. Worst part is he has to have another sperm analysis done in another 3 months from the date we seen his urologist....So good luck to you and your man....Hope his results come out great. We live in vermont so it could vary in price from state to state....Take care and good luck....We still are trying to keep our hopes up....We want a baby so bad just like many others on here....I wish for all of us that our dreams come true....

Preciousbabies
|

replied November 16th, 2005
Experienced User
My hubby's cost $110.
|

replied October 7th, 2011
Be careful and ask questions about what lab work will be done!
I recently had a test done. After reviewing the results, the urologist ordered a second test "just to be sure of the results". Since my insurance doesn't cover these tests, I got the bill. The first test was $189 - not a problem. The second test was $2342 - all because there were several other lab tests done. I was never notified of these "extra" tests or how they'd bump the price up an additional $2152. Now I'm stuck with a $2500 bill and am so frustrated I'll probably give up on starting a family.
|

replied December 13th, 2011
hi, my name is stephanie and i am new here. i live in tulsa, ok and my boyfriend and i are trying to have a baby. my doctor put me on clomid about a month ago and i am trying to see how much a semen analysis cost.
|