Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Rectal Bleeding And Gas Pains

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
I'm here on my boyfriend's behalf - he came to me today stressed out completely because when he went to use the toilet and he wiped his hindquarters he saw blood...And I don't mean a few spots, either. I mean enough to cover the toilet paper, and it was bright-red, which I assume means that it's fresh. Accompanying the bleeding is mild gas pain in his lower back.

His bowel patterns have not changed...He is not constipated, nor does he have diarrhea.

Now i've perused the internet for answers, and my "diagnosis" is hemorrhoids. Even his dad, who frequently has them, agrees.

I haven't a clue if this makes a difference, but my boyfriend is notorious for delaying the need to pass a stool...He holds it, usually for hours on end because he simply refuses to go when he needs to.

He's on the verge of crying because he's scared out of his wits about this. I know it's nothing life-threatening, but I still worry very much about him.

My boyfriend is only 17, and I have neve rheard of someone so young having hemorrhoids.

Anyone have any insights on this?

Scaredbaka - worried
Did you find this post helpful?
|