Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Dent In Chest?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Anybody here have a slight dent in their chest? I'm curious cause I have one, and I noticed it on quite a few people at the beach. Anybody here have one? Just out of curiosity. I could probably fit a shot in my dent just to give u an idea. It's like 3/4 inch deep but it's sorta wide...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper roasted
|

replied October 17th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
I think alot of guys have dents in there chest, because the breast comes out. Like its muscle except for that area. Im not sure, but if its something your really worried about, ask your doc why you have it.
|

replied October 20th, 2003
That's something else I noticed, despite the fact i'm extremely skinny my chest has quite a bit of fat/muscle there, but in the dent it has absolutely nothing, it's like a flab of skin, then bone. However, there still is a slight indentation in the bone formation itself, being my mother had a friend who could stick his fist in it, where as I could probably fit 1 shot in it if i'm lucky, i'm not thinking it will effect me. Thought i'd ask though Smile anybody else, any comments?
|

replied October 21st, 2003
Anybody else?
|

replied October 22nd, 2003
Umm i'd like some more opinions plz.... Sad
|

Experienced User
A old friend of mine had an older brother who had a fairly noticable dent in his chest. He had some kind of heart condition and the dent was some kind of indication of it. This was many years ago and I don't remember what exactly it was that he had. Some kind of defect and murmur I think. I also have a defect and murmur but mine is very benign so other than a few bothersome symptoms every now and then I don't have any problems. And, I don't have a dent in my chest. But that could also be because i'm a girl and well...My chest points in the opposite direction Smile
|

My Daughter Has One
My daughter also has a dent in her chest. It is actually called pectus excavatum. You can research it on the ewb and see if it might be something you want to ask your Dr. About. The only "cure" is to have surgery, but that is usually unnecessary unless it is for cosmetic reasons. They also plan on mon itoring my daughter as they said that it can cause crowding and possibly heart probs. But, it doesn't sound like something we need to worry too much about. Hope that helps.
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I seriously wouldn't worry about it!

An ex of mine had a dent in his chest and he too was very thin..

Make the most of it.....We used to use it like a bowl while watching movies etc and put m&m's, twisties in it. Saved on washing up!!!Lol
|
Quick Reply