Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

I Need Answers

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Me and my husband have been married for 7 years we have not been using protection we just wanted to have a baby naturally(if it happens it happens)but its been along time and I went to a doctor and had some test done. I have to go this friday (11/19/2004) to have this test done where they shoot dye up in my ovaries to see if there blocked... Does it hurt???? What is it like. The other thing i'm worried about is he's going to give me something for pain and I don't do alot of pills I like to be in control of my body should I get the drugs??I just remember when I had my tonsils out I was so sick when I woke up... Help me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 25th, 2004
I suppose you've had the hsg done by now. For me it was painful. I was told to take 4 advil pills about an hour before I had mine done. I was told afterwards that i'd cramp and probably not be able to work. But, I didn't cramp bad at all and did go on to work.

How did your's go? Did they find anything?
|

replied November 28th, 2004
I Need Answers
I wasn't sure if it hurt because they gave me"moraphine". I did feel cramping durning the procedure but it wasn't bad at all I think I could have done it with out the drug but i'm such a chicken when it comes to pain... Everything was o.K with the test it came out my ends but he did say I didn't produce enough of mucus???? When he took the sample he had a weird look on his face the said there should have been alot more and that it wasn't carrying my husbands sperm up far enough???My husband gets checked wed. And the doctor said something about artificial insemination. So well see what happens hopefully i'm pregnant by christmas..
|

replied November 28th, 2004
Glad to hear it went well. I haven't been told anything about my mucos. But, i've felt that was my problem as well. Everything i've read on the internet calls that a "cervix being a hostile environment." I was told that I might have build up antibodies against my husbands sperm.

All of our testings came back normal. But, my doctor decided to put me on clomid for three months before moving onto iui. I think you're probably making the better move. Going on and doing the iui, that is. Didn't really understand why put me on clomid when I already ovulate.

Good luck to you. Hope you are preg by christmas. That'd be the best gift possible.

Keep in touch.
|