Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Please Respond, This May Be Urgent

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I had sex with my girlfriend last night. She just remembered that she forgot to take her pill yesterday. Is this ok? Should we do the morning after pill just to be safe? Thank you.
-ghaleon
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 15th, 2004
Experienced User
If it was just yesterday that she forgot you should be ok. Do you use anything else, like condoms? If so, then don't worry... You're a-ok.
|

Im assuming he's so worried is because they didnt use a condom. But maybe thats just how I think. I dont know about bc pills, since im on the patch so hopefully she gets her period, and if not, go buy a pregnancy test!
|

Experienced User
Tell her to take the pill she missed today. She should be ok.
|

Ok thanks everyone. When I offered to pay for it, she decided to go ahead and do the morning after pill. Though she probably didn't need it, can't say i'm upset about the cost. Thanks again.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Better safe than sorry.Maybe you need to use a condom as well,if your girlfriend is forgetful???!!!Never hurts to be safe.Patty
|

replied November 16th, 2004
Good call. Either i'm going to have to know her pill schedule just as well as she does, or we'll start using condoms as well. Thanks again.
|

replied November 22nd, 2004
Quick Update. Still a Little Concerned
For those new to the thread, my girlfriend and I had sex at 3 am on wednesday. My girlfriend was on birth control but had forgotten to take her pill that day. So on thursday she got the morning after pill and began the treatment at about 4 pm. Now, about a week and a half later, she is almost 2 days late for her period. She took a first response test the day before her expected period and it was negative. Is the delayed period a result of the morning after pills? Or is there still a chance she is pregnent? Can we rely on this test? Am I just freaking out? Thanks alot everyone.
|

replied November 24th, 2004
Experienced User
The morning after pill may have affected her hormones and made her peiod late. Has she gotten it yet? If not, have her take a preg test. A urine test first thing in the morning or a blood test at the doc. Let us know!
|

replied November 28th, 2004
Hi everyone,
sorry for the late reply. We were out of town and did not have access to email. She did eventually get her period (3 days late though, phew). Thanks for all the support, I really appreciate it.
|