Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Severe Migraine For 2 Weeks And Counting! Help!

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Crying or Very sad I have had very painful migraines now for 2 weeks and nothing will make it go away! They are so bad that I have to lay down most of the day. I've tried taking everything for them. Nothing seems to work. I am from the chicago area. Can anyone recommend a good physician for this problem in my area? Also, can anyone recommend a way to stop these pounding headaches? I am in alot of pain and need something-fast!

Please help! Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 28th, 2004
Experienced User
That is an incredibly long and painful time! I am so sorry!

You need to find a good neuro and get help fast! Have you tried any meds specific for migraine? Try an er if there is no other way. Your regular doc should be able to refer you to a neuro, though....

Hang in there!
|

replied December 3rd, 2004
Experienced User
Severe Migraines For 2 Weeks
Belladonna is an excellent homeopathic medicine to get rid of acute migraine episodes. There are good remedies like sang can, sepia, spigelia etc. To see that the number of episodes to occur would gradually reduce in intensity and severity before subsiding completely.
Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied December 30th, 2005
Imitrex would work, if you can get it from a doctor...
|

replied January 21st, 2006
Re: Severe Migraine For 2 Weeks And Counting! Help!
reddytogo21 wrote:
:cry: I have had very painful migraines now for 2 weeks and nothing will make it go away! They are so bad that I have to lay down most of the day. I've tried taking everything for them. Nothing seems to work. I am from the chicago area. Can anyone recommend a good physician for this problem in my area? Also, can anyone recommend a way to stop these pounding headaches? I am in alot of pain and need something-fast!

Please help! :cry:

oh my, I know this post is from a long time ago, but if you ever have a severe migraine lasting from 1 - 3 days again, please contact or go to your doctor, go to the er or call 911! There is no need for anyone to have to suffer this long from one of these awful headaches!

Hope your are doing much better with your headaches!
|

replied May 14th, 2009
Migraines
Several years ago I found that going to a Chiropractor has helped. I had a migraine that felt like a vice grip for 3 weeks - non stop. After going to the chiropractor for 3 visits, it disappeared. Before that I was on so many pills, imatrx, codene, etc and nothing worked only the Chiro did. I just had a 2 week migraine due to stress and went to the chiro again and sure enough it went away. A neuro is not always the answer but you should not rule out. I had my eyes tested, and CAT scan done and nothing was found. They were going to send me to a neuro but I decided to try a chiropractor instead. The Chiro told me that if after a couple of weeks if it did not work, they wanted me to get more tests but low and behold after the 3rd visit both times it worked for me. I was willing to try anything. I know this post is old but perhaps it can help someone else.
|

replied February 9th, 2010
I have had migraines that have lasted 3 weeks, and believe me you try everything! the best advise I can give is keep a diary of what you eat, where you go and how your head is feeling including any signs or indicators such as altered vision. as the triggers are different for each person, and therefore the treatment is also different, and keeping a diary will help Doctors and Neuro's to get a better understanding. I have tried all the common medications and some lesser known, with non working and am seeing a Neuro at the moment. Things to consider. Stay away from strong scents, such as perfumes and fresh flowers inside, eat more unprocessed foods, or ones that are lower in additives, as a lot of additives can be triggers, an additive code breaker book can list the same product in multiple forms and was a great help for me. Soy based products are also a major trigger, and finally stay away from strobing lights, if the frequecy is right you will get a migraine very quickly, and some sufferers can also experience black outs. When all else fails, I know that life has to go on, and you still have to live some form of life, a great help for me was fishing sun glasses that have an antiglare layer, they reduce the intensity of light bouncing of the ground and help to keep the migraine from getting worse if you do need to go out. I also have used Panadine Extra (15mg Codine) every 4-5 hours with Neurofen Migraine 2 hours after taking the panadine to get the pain under control and then back off to lower doses, this has helped me to reduce most of my migraines down to under a week in length, but check with your Doctor first!
Hope this helps!
|

replied February 15th, 2010
i really suggest a neurologist and most likely an MRI or CT. in the short term what usually works for me is high dose of caffeine with benadryl or even darvocet. another thing that used to help was bc powder and dr pepper if it was really bad i would add benadryl with it. it always at least made it stop hurting esp until you see the doc
|

replied November 23rd, 2011
Well in my case im pregnant with a migraine... But as bad as the description in the post with the migraine for two weeks.. Ive been to the er and still no good.... Help plz.....
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2013
Recurring Migraines for 5 weeks straight
I've had a migraine for 5 weeks straight and it is still there. At first I didn't take medicine but it got unbearable so I started taking some 2 days ago but after the pain stop wears off the migraines come back worse. I actually slept for 2 days straight because it was so bad what should I do?
|