Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Health Insurance Forum

Older Immigrants Turned Down By Insurance

I am 68, healthy,slightly elevated cholestrol, but insurances seem to expect me to be perfect at my age. I immigrated 18 months ago and have to wait 4 more years before I can get on medicare. All I am looking for is catastrophic insurance with high deductible, and I cannot find it in hawaii. Just in case I have a stroke or something else expensicve to fix, they could take my house and life savings. Is there any help out there? Thank you, ilima
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 17th, 2004
Insurance For Immigrants
Try a company called img, international medical group. They will write a policy for people over the age of 65, major medical. Also, they write for non us citizens.
|

replied February 2nd, 2005
Thank You For the Lead
Thank you for the lead, nicoluzakis, I just bought liaison, a type of travel insurance, I chose the 2500.- deductible, the cost for my age group is just over 1700.- per year, but it gives me alot of peace of mind, as it is for "just in case" something happens which is very expensive to fix. We got clinics here who discount according to income level, so for the regular visits the expenses are nominal.
|
Quick Reply