Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Pain Pills

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
Okay I have been on high doses of pain pills for a year now and the dr said I will be on them for the rest of my life. I broke my back in a 4 wheeler accident. He also has me on muscle relaxors and when the dose isnt' working he bumps the dose up. I took myself off them for a couple of months because I didnt' have the money to get them and he told me how to get them cheaper!!! Seems he is tryig to get me addicted. I read another lady say she had no sypthoms of withdrawls I didn't when I took myself off of them after being on morphine and oxycodone several times a day. I was told its because my body needs them for the pain and when you take them for pain you dont' get addicted to them. I now have to take them at nighttime because I am pregnant and the pain is severe but my obgyn put me on one that is safe for the baby.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 6th, 2009
I have been on pain pills for almost 10 years now. It has consistently gotten worse and worse. I am now snorting 2 - 3 Oxycontin 80mg pills a day and on top of that snorting Xanax 2mg every day. I'm not going to go into all the detail on how I got started and such, because everybody here knows where I am coming from. I want to quit and I have to quit. I have lost everything I love due to my addiction...my wife, my kids, and have pawned everything else that meant something to me and lost it. I spend several hundred dollars a day on OC's and I can't take it anymore. I am scared to death. I don't know what to do. Every time I 'try' to quit...I feel like I am dying and I can't even move, talk, eat, drive, SLEEP...it is torture. If there is such thing as HELL...then this is it. Somebody...Anybody...Please help me...before it is too late...
|
Did you find this post helpful?