Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Anyone Get Preg While On the Patch? (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hey all,
im curious to know if anyone has gotten pregnant while on ortho evra. I've been on for 6 months, and have just started to develop really sore nipples and lowe abdominal cramps.... Just slightly curious if its a possibility (ok, I know its possible) but anyways.

Thanks,
day
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 12th, 2004
Why doesnt anyone respond to my posts....? The last 2 times I havent gotten any responses...Even if it was just 'not sure...Etc' i'd be happy. I get a ton of 'views' but no responses. Grrrrrrr
|

Experienced User
Here's a reply for you... There's always a possibility to get pregnant with any kind of birth control, because nothing is 100% effective. The possibilities are smaller if you're using your stuff 100% correctly 100% of the time, but it's still there. How's that? Laughing
|

Lol thats great. Something I already knew, but hey, at least someone responded... Smile I was just curious about the patch in particular. I know a lot of women on here have had some issues with iud's and such, and wanted to see if anyone had 'patch' experiences. Since the patch is kinda tricky sometimes, with questions like 'how much of the little edges can be loose and it still be affective?' etc... The pill is just one pop, and have to be concerned about vomiting and diaharrea.... But with the patch you have to be careful that its still stuck, not pulling up anywhere etc...And difficult to estimate how long its been loose when you finally find it. I assume women have had problems like that...Just trying to find some. =)
|

Experienced User
Haha, wish I could help more, but I am clueless about the patch... Maybe try online at orthoevra.Com (if that even exists... I dont know!) Confused
|

replied November 17th, 2004
Ortho Evra
I used to be on the patch and I didint like. Because even if a little corner comes off its less effective and I would always be scared until my next period. I also heard that it is the number one birth control that causes blood clots.
|

replied November 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
Please Let Me Know What Happens
I am in the same sit. I have been on the patch for 3 yrs now and all of a sudden have really sore breasts and mild cramps along with being hungry all the time then when I find something that looks good after I make it I take 2 bites and want to throw up! I do have one daughter so I have been preg before ( she's 3 ) but I don"t know if I am again! Please e-mail me if you are....We'll see how good this patch thing is Confused
|

replied November 22nd, 2004
Well I still have the sore breasts, i've been sick for the last 3 days (sore throat, stuffy nose)...So I cant really judge the crampiness anymore (cuz I feel achey everywhere) I dont have my patch off week until friday 26th, so I guess we'll see if I get my period. I will keep you updated. My body tries and messes with my mind all the time though. Grrrrrr
|

replied November 25th, 2004
Experienced User
Sometimes It Sucks to Be a Woman!!
Well, mine isn't due till the 30th!!!! I'm going crazy waiting!!! Got a test from the $ store but came back neg which I figured since it's way before a.F. Time! I let my fiancee know and know he's reading "expectant father" books! Almost think he wants me to be! Keep us posted!!
|

replied November 29th, 2004
Well took my patch off on the 26th....Its the evening of the 28th and nothing yet. Which is ok for me right now...Im usually about a 3 day later kind of girl...So we're just waiting it out. Things will definitely turn upside down if im pregnant,,,but not much I can do about it now. I'll update ya later in the week on what happens.
|

Experienced User
the Waiting Game.......
Well, I took my patch off yesterday so in a day or so i'll be able to test if nothing happens......I'm feeling a little better but am getting quezy at night if I eat anything past 7pm. I don't know.....I hate having to wait!!! Keep you posted when I know! Confused
|

Well I started slightly...So as long as everything progresses I think im alright. Hehe im switching insurance so im not able to get bc til all the paperwork goes through ...So i'll be off for a few months... Back to stupid ole condoms. Lol
|

replied December 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Confused.........
Well, I was due for a.F. Yesterday and got nothing so took 2 answer preg tests ( one last night one this morning ) and both said neg..........Still no a.F though so I guess I will wait a few days and if nothing happens will re test .......
|

replied December 3rd, 2004
Experienced User
No Baby......
Well, it was late but not preggers! I'm glad cause I was not ready for another one.........Just wish the patch didn't give same symptoms!!!!!!!! Smile
|

replied May 19th, 2008
Ortho Evera Patch
Hi
I am a person that takes birth control faithfully and i thought i would try the ortho evera patch and i was doing good for about 9 months while i was with my boyfriend and it did fine for those nine months and right about the time we split up I got pregnant 2 months before that and didn't know but the thing is i used it correctly and everything and i also know a few other females that also did the same thing so i highly do not recommend the patch unless you are not having sex and just using it to regulate your periods.
|

replied May 21st, 2008
Patch
a friend got pregnant on the patch I did 2 but I had a miscarriage but she had a boy and now she is 19 with 5 kids all cuz the patch and pill doint work
|

replied March 29th, 2009
My sister was on the patch for two years and ended up having premature twins.
|

replied August 9th, 2010
I DID AND i had my babe in 04 I was just lookingthis up because i was curiouse to know
|

replied October 26th, 2010
Preg on patch
I also used the patch, correctly. When it was my week off and my period didn't come I found out I was pregnant. I now have a 3 week old son. Guess now I'll try the ring
|

replied October 26th, 2010
there name
i was talking about this with my friend the other day and apparently our kids are called " The sour PATCH kids"
|
12 >>
Quick Reply