Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

End Stage Hep C Prognosis Help

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
Hi....My wife has had hep c for 13 years advanced cirrohis and we discussed a transplant with the doctor several years ago...The doctor mentioned it was time to think about it. At the time he said he thought my wife had two more years,.....She does not want a transplant for reasons I do not agree with but it is her choice. Anyway, she has developed varicise veins, encephalopathy...Boy I can't spell any of these...Anyway, also has elevated ammonia level despit taking max dose of lactulose, etc. Etc. Pain in stomach all the time, ....Her condition has declined further over the last few months and she spends less and less time out of bed. Spoke to the doctor tonight( new doctor) and he says she has two more years he thinks although admits it is difficult.....Does anyone have any experience with end stage??? I thought when they recommended a transplant it meant you were in very serious condition....We are just trying to really asses where we are right now...Any info or experience will be helpful....Thanks....
Did you find this post helpful?
|