Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

sores on the foot and ankle area

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
My daughter age 41 has sores on the foot and ankle area that rise up from underneath the skin, then break open. She started with one spot, and has surgery on it twice to get rid of the diseased area. She had a vacuum pump in the surgery wound for about 7 weeks. The wound is healing from the inside out and is still partially open. Now she has 3 more sores, one has opened, one is ready to open, and one is in the "pimple" stage. She is on antibiotics and was on really strong pain pills. She has been to cleveland clinic and also is seeing a podiatrist. She has seen an infectious disease doctor, rhumotologist, vascular Dr., internist and maybe a couple more. She has had much blood work done, and cultures taken. So far no name to this disease. The tissue is dying around these sores. Does this sound familiar to anyone? The brown recluse spider bite has been ruled out as has many viruses and bacteria.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 24th, 2012
I HAVE THE SAME CONDITION...HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY ARE STASIS ULCERS THEN NO THEY ARE NOT STASIS ULCERS...I WISH I KNEW WHAT THEY REALLY ARE AND WHAT CAUSES THEM
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski