Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Not a Secret Anymore!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Well a lady that I work with asked me if I was preggy. I couldn't lie. Lol within 5 min the whole office knew including my boss who of course was more concerned about how much time I would be taking off. What a jerk!!! Aghhh I thought I was hiding it pretty well but I guess not! Plus I started trowing up this morning aghhhhhh I hate puking I hate it hate it hate it!!! Why can't pregnancy be a nice enjoyable thing pain free??? Wouldn't that be nice???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 10th, 2004
Experienced User
Screw your boss for being such a dick. I hate how bosses only think of themselves when women are pregnant. It would be nice if you could remind him that he once came from a woman and his mother most likely had to take time off work also. Hopfully your boss comes around, is he even comes close to threatening to fire you get a lawyer and sue his butt. There will be your kids college fund:)
|

User Profile
Experienced User
How far along are you?
Because im about 5 weeks and I have no morning sickness what-so-ever.. Im actually getting kind of nervous since most people already have it!!
But I feel your pain .. Because im not feeling all that great either.. Just really moody..Tired.. All that good stuff. But hang in there hopefully it'll get better soon/
|

Experienced User
That's true about employers they onely think of themselves and how much time would you take off. I remember that is what happen to me like my boss was like so how long you taking off, are you coming back, what are you going to do.

I was like whoa slow down with the questions....
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Carissa... Is he mad that you are pregnant? Like hes not gunna treate you any different or mess with your hours? Or try to fire you or anything right? Does your office offer you maternity leave? Stick your nose up at him and just walk away!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Seriously if he did try to fire you or cut your hours you could easily win a law suit against him. Not that you want to do that, but if he starts screwing with you it's something you might consider. What a jerk!
|

Extremely eHealthy
B e careful though, they are usually smart enough (as dumb as they are) to make it seem like you were fired for somehting else and they didn;t care that you were there preg at all, they know the law and don't want to get into trouble for doing it so obviously
sad isn;t it?
|

replied November 12th, 2004
Experienced User
My boss can't do a dang thing. Yes, I have maternity leave 3 months paid and then I can take up to a year off unpaid and come back to my current position. We are union here so it takes an act of god for them to fire you let alone do it because you are preggy. I will be fine. It just pissed me off he was being a jerk about it and only thinking about the department and what will they do if I take all that time off. Whatever!!! Thanks gilrs I know you got my back!
|

Experienced User
innchik18 wrote:
how far along are you?
Because im about 5 weeks and I have no morning sickness what-so-ever.. Im actually getting kind of nervous since most people already have it!!

But I feel your pain .. Because im not feeling all that great either.. Just really moody..Tired.. All that good stuff. But hang in there hopefully it'll get better soon/

i actually didnt get any at all but I am now 22 weeks along, you can get it at any time though so dont press your luck. However I have gotten sick 2 times it happened in the afternoon, my doc said even if you dont get morning sickness your body is still undergoing a lot of changes so you can get sick anytime. Im sure it will probably happen to me again!

Hey ixannahs mom, how far along are you now? Is your work the only place that has found out so far, cause I remember before you had said you still havent told your hubby (or bf?) sorry I havent been on here much lately, im behind on all the scoops!

~becca
|

Experienced User
Becca,

i am 12 weeks today, wahoo. Yes I did tell my fiance (we are getting married in 8 days!!) I told him in front of all of our friends at our daughters 2nd b-day party. That is ok I am not up on anything anymore either :d
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
What ?? Carissa has a small icon?
|