Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Wic

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I got wic today .. Im not even sure if it was worth it. They're so complicated with what u can and cant buy and where to go for certain things. They only give u 5 checks a mnth that adds up to like 60$. They gave me 10 checks for 2 mnths then I have to keep going back to there to get more. I guess I cant complain since its free. My boyfriend told me it was stupid to do because he makes enough $ to buy food ...I dont know maybe im just being paranoid but everybody kept telling me to get wic..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Your saving money. Its worth it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I personally think wic is a wonderful thing I was on it for a long time and it really helped me and my family. But if u can afford to buy food urself u might not need it. And yes there are some hoops u have to jump through to get them and u have to do certian things their way but if u really need it then if I were u I would do what they want
|

Experienced User
Yea I dont know though because I dont work and I hate asking my dad to pick stuff up from the store all of the time since im still living in his house just being barefoot and pregnant ...My boyfriend acts like he has money but he gets his paycheck and his moneys all gone within 2 days I dont know what he does with it all.. He needs to get $$ together to get a vehicle that we can put baby in. He just has a 2 seat truck and it angers me off because hes getting a new van now and its only a 2 seater... I said what are we gonna tie the baby to the roof racks? Laughing he didnt appreciate that too much! But for real we only have 11 weeks till my due date, we need to save money to be able to get our own place. My room is so small I wouldnt even be able to fit a queen size bed in it I dont know how im gonna have room forthe baby..
|

Extremely eHealthy
Oh girl im sorry u have to deal with this. Good luck!!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I agree with ka!
|
Quick Reply