Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Monistat External Vulvar Cream

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Why can't this be used internally?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 10th, 2004
Experienced User
I assume cuz inside your vagina is more sensitive membrane (skin) and this cream would irritate it. When I use it I sometimes use alittle just on the very edge of the inside and it doesn't bother me, I just need the relief from the pain of peeing!
|

replied December 3rd, 2010
Monistat External Vulvar Cream
What is actually considered external? I feel dumb for asking, but where does the inside of the vagina actually begin, the cervix? or parting the lips?
|

replied December 4th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Thebert, I thing that external in this case means not swallowing, not outside your vagina. Look at the instructions.

Best of luck!
|

replied December 12th, 2010
question
Does this get rid of the infection?
|

replied December 12th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
If you have a yeast infection, yes. If it does not help, see your doctor.

Yeast is chunky lcottage cheese like discharge and it does not have an unpleasant odor. It causes itching. If this is not what you have, this will not help.
|

replied November 29th, 2011
so just to be sure again, my question is, not only does it relieve the ithing, but it also cures the infection as well?
|

replied March 18th, 2012
what do i do
My daughter is a virgin and she has white and brown disorders , sometimes an unpleasant odor, itching and burning. Will it help get rid of all those things if not what will
|

replied August 31st, 2013
Will the monistat vulvar cream also help to cure the infection?
|
Tags: cream
Quick Reply