Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Painful Bump On Penis?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Ok I have a painful bump on my penis about an inch up the shaft, its about the size of a small pea under the skin. It is kinda hard and doesn't have a head or anything but its tender. I noticed it about three days ago after I shaved. At first I figured I had irritated it shaving because it felt raw like it does sometimes if I am too rough shaving. But then I noticed a bump. This bump is bigger then any irritation i've had before from shaving. I am a virgin, the farthest I have gone is a hand job from her and fingering her. She said she is clean and I have no reason to doubt her she goes to the gyno regularly and shes clean. I'm worried could it be an std? If not, what is it and how long will it be there? It hasn't got bigger or smaller since I noticed it.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper svtowner03
|

replied November 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Go 2 the docs all I can tell ya
|

replied January 26th, 2008
Is it in the skin or deeper? I have a similar bump but it's deeper than the skin. Let us know what you find out.
|

replied May 29th, 2008
Hey, I have the exact same thing in the left side of my penis about an inch up and it seems to be a lump in the foreskin or something. It is only painful when I press on it, it is red and kind of had, and looks like it stops where one of the hairs comes out, so it could be associated with that. I just appeared the other day and could be from masturbating, I'm unsure. There is no way that mine could be an STD, and I've seen the same thing on some other forums and there doesn't seem to be any indication of it being an STD. It kind of fits the description of cancer, but it seems much to sudden to be that. Please post any answers you come up with here, if mine doesn't go away in a couple of days I will go see my doctor, unless it seems to be getting better.
|

replied May 30th, 2008
This person's question could be the same thing and someone gave their solution to it, hopefully this is helpful, I'm not sure if I'm willing to try it yet.

http://www.steadyhealth.com/ingrown_hair_l ump_on_shaft_of_penis_t72703.html
|

replied May 30th, 2008
Don't mean to scare you, but when ever a lump occurs around the size of a pea, could be sign of early cancer.

I recommend seeing a doctor asap.
|

replied November 29th, 2009
I am very worried. I have a small (half pea) sized white lump on the left under side of my shaft about an inch from my scrotum it is very painful to the touch. could this be a callous from masturbation?
|

replied November 29th, 2009
i think it could be a fordyce spot, if you do not know what this is then google it, or look it up, fordyce is no std disease infection or anything, its from moist glands
|

replied December 31st, 2011
Well I have one but its not the size of a pea, its bigger, near the head of the penis and I have been masturbating a lot since Christmas day! If u find one like mine dont worry it should go away soon. but if it is the size of a pea DOCTORS ASAP!!!!
|

replied July 17th, 2012
I bent my penis when having sex with my girl friend it was very painful since then i have found a lump under my skin it is sometimes painful when I have sex depending on the position could you tell me what it is as I really don't want to go to the doctors with this
Thank you
|

replied February 7th, 2013
helpful tip with lumps
I also have a lump its bigger then a pea and its painful I have also had one before when I was in Afghanistan my medic checked me out and said it was from not being able to shower regularly it went a way after about a week or so so all I have to say is make sure you clean your junk well especially after having sex they may not have a std but they might just be dirty good luck guys
|

replied February 7th, 2013
Hey im 15 and a virgin i have a small bump about the size of a pea. It showed up ths morning it hurts but I just figure its from mastuebating. If you find out anything tell me.
|
Quick Reply