Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

My Friend Has Tender Breasts (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I already posted this over in the general preg. Forum and in the signs and symptoms forum, but no one is answering so I thought I would try here:
i just have a quick question. One of my friends has super tender breasts ( she says even wearing a bra hurts). She has never had this problem relating to her period before. She is almost 2 weeks away from her next period. I know when you're preg. Your breasts can be sore. But they also can be in relation to your period. So my question is, if they are sore becuz of your period, when are they sore? I always thought it was right before. But I also kind of think i've heard that it is mid cycle. Please let me know. Thanx!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jesslynn
|

replied November 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
My breasts were extremely sore both times I was pregnant. It's how I knew I was pregnant the second time. It doesn't mean she is pregnant, but she could be.
|

replied December 7th, 2004
Sore Breasts
My breasts have been sore for about 4 days now and I am not due to get my period until dec. 20th. Is it normal for your breasts to hurt more than 2 weeks before you get your period? I have sore breasts sometimes before I get my period, but not this early and not this sore. Last month they were sore about a week before I got my period and the soreness never totally went away after I got my period and about a week after it ended they started getting sore more and more each day. Could this mean that I am pregnant?
|

replied December 8th, 2004
Experienced User
From everything i've read it seems it's most normal to have them be sore anywhere from 1 week to 1 1/2 weeks prior to your period. However, my friends' were wore 2 weeks before and she is not pregnant. But I would say if they're sore even more than 2 weeks before, your prob. Preg.
|

replied February 21st, 2005
Experienced User
becklyn wrote:
from everything i've read it seems it's most normal to have them be sore anywhere from 1 week to 1 1/2 weeks prior to your period. However, my friends' were wore 2 weeks before and she is not pregnant. But I would say if they're sore even more than 2 weeks before, your prob. Preg.

she may be pregnant, but it may be too early to take a hpt/ I say wait to see if she gets her period and go from there.

Tiffany :)
|

replied April 20th, 2005
My girlfriend's breasts are also tender (sore as she calls them). She has missed her period by 2 weeks, going on three. Ive heard that a girl's period can miss for no reason at all, even if she isnt pregnant. She got a pregnancy test done, and it came back negative. Why is it that her breasts are so tender? Is it because she is still growing and still developing? Also, her bra is a cup size smaller than what she is normally wearing. She just loosens the straps to make it fit. Could this also be a reason why?

Thanks!
|

replied March 10th, 2009
Sore Breasts
I also have had sore breasts for at least 2 weeks now and due for period end of this week early next week.
I had sex a week ago could i be pregnant?
I am not sure when i ovulated but it could be possible i was pregnant before i even had sex a week ago? still no period yet. but am waiting
|

replied March 10th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Your breasts wouldn't hurt for that long. If it were a pregnancy symptom, your breasts would only begin to hurt around the time your period was due. Usually after your period is late.

If your period is due in a week, this could be a PMS symptom. Take a test when your period is late.
|

replied March 18th, 2009
oowweee they hurt
My breast became sore a week & half after my period i've never had this before??!! when my husband treis to touch them i want to snap his neck...lol. im used to them hurting before my period but never after does anyone have advice....? sure would appreciate it
|

replied March 26th, 2009
Tender Breasts
Hi I suffered a miscarriage in June 2008 and even since I have had really tender and sore breats upto 2.5 weeks before my period. Once my period has been they are fine. I have been told because I am not on the pill, it would be a good idea too, to control my hormones.
Hope this helps. I know I am definitely not pregnant so I think by the sounds of everyones experiences it is quite normal.
|

replied March 1st, 2012
Even with a miscarriage it is possible to still have pregnancy hormones going through your body until the pregnancy would have completed.
|

replied July 17th, 2009
MY BREAST ARE SORE AND I GOT MY PERIOD TWO WEEK AGO, A WEEK BEFORE MY B-DAY JULY 5TH, SOMETIMES THEY HURT 1-2 WEEKS BEFORE BUT NEVER AFTER.

COULD ANYONE GIVE ADVISE?
|

replied July 19th, 2009
My period was 10 days late (never late always bang on time), it was very light and only lasted for 2 days, now my breats are very very sore, I have 3 children and was steralised after my last (10 months ago) but was told there was a slight chance i could concieve as I had a c-section and was steralised at the same time (soemthing to do with swollen tubes!!). Anyway, my breasts are really sore, excactly like in my prevous pregnancies, but I had a period on the 5th july??? don't know whether to bother my doctor with this or not? any ideas??
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
i think you should bother your doctor because that does'nt sound safe at all you might be pregnant againg...good luck:)
|

replied July 24th, 2009
i have a 34 day cycle i got my periods last on the 2nd of july but i have had tender breast so far for a week and i am not due until early august again can i be pregnant?
|

replied December 22nd, 2009
need to know
this is my cycle for the month of october 10/26/09 through 10/31/09. in the month of november my cycle came on early but light for a whole week date 11/18/09 through 11/24/09. before that cycle started i had all the signs of pregnancy. took a pregnancy test came back negative. now in the month of december my cycle date is 12/12/09 came on light by the 3 day it was heavy, my fourth and fifth day back light again. its been 2 months now and my breast still sore and tender. someone please help.
|

replied January 20th, 2010
Sore breasts for three weeks - is this normal?
I've had very sore breasts for three weeks now. My last period was on the 15 December 09, and that was 35 days ago. I have cramping and all the usual pre-menstrual pains so I expect to come on soon, but am absolutely exhausted. And the breast ache is just horrible. Is this normal?
|

replied February 27th, 2010
could i be pregnate? :O
my breasyt hurt even to walk up and down the stairs, i'm tired, have chronic head aches, my back is sore and i'm eating like some one with a tape worm. also i have been getting cramps like period cramps but i never get period cramps :s... my boyfriend and i have been having unprotected sex alot. but he never leaves his mess in me. except when i was on my period, that was only 2 weeks ago tho?! why do i have symptoms like i'm getting my period? whats wrong with me i'm scared and i'm only 17 :S [H*E*L*P!!!]
|

replied March 16th, 2010
Missabreenalee92,
I would definitely take a Home pregnancy test. Those all sound like pregnancy symptoms. You can certainly have cramping during early pregnancy, even when everything is going fine. Smile
Best of luck to you, but it will be better if you find out for sure and go from there.
|

replied March 27th, 2010
two weeks before your period sounds like the time of ovulation????!! that is why there most likely HURTING
|

replied April 4th, 2010
hey everyone, I have had my period for about 8 and a half yrs. the only symptoms i have ever had prior to my period were horrible cramping, with all that being said...

I have been having sore nipples and breast for the past couple of days and it seems each day gets worse. its very aggravating... i dont even want my boyfriend to touch them they hurt so bad and my period is not due for another week. this is very strange for me because i have NEVER had any problems with my breast whatsoever. could this be an early pregnancy symptom!?!?
|
Users who thank brianna_08 for this post: Boo2 

replied January 12th, 2013
Hi brianna, I have had these symptoms. Were you pregnant? I feel different but keep getting negatives. I am using cheap tests, can they give wrong readings?
Aimee
|