Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Ultrasound Says Thick Uterine Lining,provera Prescribed

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
The nurse practioner said I have thick uterine lining,and says that's a risk for cancer. She told me after my period,to have another ultrasound. Since I havent had one this month,mine are usually so light now,thought since iwas 47,and obese,that it was normal,and that I was premenoupausal. She said to take provera, for 10 days,and I would bleed heavilty,and then when I was done call and they would set up another appointment. Does this sound right,shouldn't I have another test,or biopsy. I did have fibroids,and heavy periods,but that quit about 3 years ago,and now the fibroids have shrunk. I am scared,and want to know what to do. Laughing
Did you find this post helpful?
|