Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Non-pregnant Woman Lactating

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I am almost 24 years old, never been pregnant and haven't been sexually active for a full year.
A month ago, during my last period I noticed some white dry crusty stuff on my left nipple. I checked my right and it didn't have anything like that on it.
Trying to figure it out, I squeezed my left nipple and white milky liquid came out. I did the same to my right to see if both were doing this and my right produced nothing.
It has been a month since my last period and I am on one again. I am still lactating but only when I squeez the nipple and still just on the left.

My question is, can a woman of my sexual past and lack of a pregnancy produce milk from just one nipple? Or should I go to the doctor and find out if it is an infection that just happens to be coming out of the same place milk should be when I do have kids?

Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper MissGreenEyes20
|

replied October 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I would consult your doctor.

-kristin
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It can happen... I'll tell ya a story on aim (dont wanna be judged on her) if you wanna im me darlinjessa
|

Experienced User
It can totally happen and it probably was not milk it was probably colustrum which, yes you do produce when you are pregnant and when you start to lactate (it comes before the milk) anyway if there is enough fluctuation in your hormones it can totally happen.
|

Experienced User
It can totally happen and it probably was not milk it was probably colustrum which, yes you do produce when you are pregnant and when you start to lactate (it comes before the milk) anyway if there is enough fluctuation in your hormones it can totally happen. However you may want to consult your doctor to make sure it's not an infection or something.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Nipple discharge possibly?
|

replied July 9th, 2011
It sounds kind of kinky!
|

replied April 30th, 2013
Yes, it can happen. Even if youve never been pregnant. Check with your doctor, I recently went to mine and she did some blood work and wants me to do a CT Scan, she said I could possibly have a small tumor in my pituitary glad.
|