Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Hi Everyone I'm Cat And Im New (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm also pregnant. 10 weeks due on the 21 of may. I'm looking for any girls that can just talk about how they feel about being pregnant. I'm originally from califronia but two months ago I moved to florida with my baby's father o I dont know anyone and have no one my age to talk to about being pregnant. I'm planning on having my baby naturally, probably at a birth center, and i'm hoping for a water birth. Basically I just want someone to be nice and say hello. It would be nice to find some support too. So if anyone has anything to say it would be greatly appreciated. Laughing

one grateful 1st time mama
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 24th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hey welcome to the forums! I'm michelle, 16 and 31 weeks pregnant with my first aswell. A boy to be named nathaniel philip. I hope you enjoy it here, and you will get support!!
|

Experienced User
Thanx michelle, support is what i'm looking for :d
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Welcome to the board! I'm lauren...I'm 22 and from birmingham, al. Im not pregnant and dont plan on being anytime soon! I'm in my last year of nursing school, and hoping to be a labor and delivery nurse! Let us know how we can help you out! We're glad you're here!
Lauren
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hi there
my name's liz,i'm 19 and i'm from england & have no kiddies.Welcome to the board
can you tell us a bit more about yourself like your age, situation etc?
|

Experienced User
A delivery nurse, lauren, so what do you think of natural birth...?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hi Cat Welcome
Im amanda 17 from nj and not preg welcome and congrats on yr pregnancy
|

Experienced User
Let's see... I'm 18, still with the father, planning on getting married eventually. Ahving fun being pregenant, except for the fact that i'm hungry ever two hours and feel like sleeping allday. Cant wait till I start showing more, right nopw I feel like I just look fat Confused Hmmm, what else...
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hi cat Smile welcome! Im ka, 14yrs 29.3wks preggy with a babygirl. Congrats on ur pregnancy! You'll love it here with the girls we have ;d
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hey cat,
my name is kristin and I am from wisconsin. I lost my baby by having a miscarriage some time ago. Now, I am just hearing offering advice...And meeting new people.

-kristin
|

Extremely eHealthy
1sttimemama wrote:
a delivery nurse, lauren, so what do you think of natural birth...?

i thought i'd answer your question. Because lauren dosent say much, but she can come and say more later.

We were talking about it last night because I want to try and have one. Not because I wanna feel "closer" to nathaniel(baby) or anything, but because I wanna prove to myself that I can do it.

And she basically said that thats not dumb and that I can do it. It just takes a lot of relaxation. And that if you cant do it then its nothing to be ashamed about.

I now that I started typing this I cant remember what else she said, dangit. Lauren?
|

Extremely eHealthy
So, michelle...You are going to have a natural birth...No drugs at all??
|

Experienced User
If you want to ahve a natural birth you should really looki nto birth centers. I'm doing a bunch of reading on active birth you should check into it
|

Extremely eHealthy
I wanna try, just to prove to myself that I can do it. But I might get the iv meds just to take the edge off it if it gets too bad.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I think that is so wonderful michelle!! *hugs* good luck, you will have to tell me how it goes with that little christmas baby!

-kristin
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well of course Wink Wink Laughing Laughing
|

Experienced User
Its the best way for your body to do what its suppose to do and work with gravity to give birth. Women have been giving birth actively for thousands of years. There are so man y other ways to cope with pain without putting drugs inyour body. If you do some reading youlll find that every med you put in your body effects your baby. Babies born with no drugs are uch more alert as are you so youre better able to interact with your child. So youre not all groggy, its really neat
|

Extremely eHealthy
I agree with you cat! What are some of the ways you are thinking of coping with the pain?

-kristin
|

Experienced User
Well like I said before I want a water birth plus I plan on looking into relaxation classes a few hours or more of pain is worth it to be sure and have a healthy child who doesntt have drugs pumped intp him or her at birth. As a mother its the least I can do. Give my child the best possible start to life.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Relaxation is the number one thing in giving natural birth. If you just relax everything during a contraction, it wil be less painful and go away faster. But there are all kinds of weird breathing techniques and stuff.
|
12 >>