Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Lower Stomach Bulge

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I'm a 25 year old male, skinny, and have never had any health problems
but it seems my lower stomach, intestine area is bulging, is this normal
i mean I feel fat and bloated Confused
Nothing hurts or anything and I don't feel anything, but
after looking on the internet all I could come up with was something called a inguinal hernia but I don't have pain
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Matt1978
|

replied February 26th, 2006
Bulging
Hi did you ever find out what your problem was?? The reason I am asking is I have a large bulge in the upper stomach just above my belly button. No pain and sometimes the lump (about the size of my hand) is there and other times I can poke etc and feel nothing. Please let me know what you found out...Thanks island (i posted same problem in feb 2006
|

replied January 25th, 2009
bulging
my stomach bulgies out sometimes i can look like i am 5 month pregnant and i get pain on my sides and i have had xrays,ct scans proscopy scope, pep tests. pee tests, blood work could u tell me what it might be i have had a hurnia operation when i was 10 and that was inguinal hurnia
|

replied February 3rd, 2009
So Scared
I am a female, i have abdominal pain, a buldge on my rt side by my pelvic area, i just had my period last week Sad HELP
|

replied March 17th, 2009
Annoyed
this buldge on my rt side is so annoying!I Been 2 5 doctors they can't seem to find wut it is! I get lower back pain, the buldge comes and goes. I had ct scan & checked for ovarian cysts! Any other suggestions that it might be!
|

replied May 23rd, 2009
bulging
My stomach bulges out.

From the center of my ribs too my belly button , it feels soft.

Lying on my back ; if I was to do a situp , my stomach bulges out into a triangular " form " . A sharp triangilar shape; as if the muscles across the centre of the tummy have let go.

Ideas any one. island does this describe your symptoms? Same here Matt1978, no pain or anything.

Can these stomach muscles let go?

Thanks.
|

replied June 4th, 2009
Stomach bulge
Rowan1 - I have the EXACT same thing - I was told that my muscles split during my last pregnancy - so yes, these muscles can weaken and do that.
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
Painful Bulge
i have a bulge across my stomach that goes from left to right its an inch above my belly button and i get serious pain from it and then the pain travels to my chest and lower back, also it makes me sweat alot to. ive never had any medical conditions please help im in alot of pain...
|

replied November 5th, 2009
scared
HI I just now recently discovered after i was laughing alot that i felt pressure and a lot of wait down by my lower stomach region all the way across... looks as if i am pregnant. However, i have had a hernia surgery when i was about 7 and now i cannot tell if this is reoccurring... please help... what was wrong????
|

replied May 21st, 2010
Hi, 23 year old female, no previous health problems, I have a bulge in the lower left quadrant of my abdomen. I went to the doctor and he sai I was just constipated. That was 3 years ago. Reading a ton on the internet and ruling out a lot of things. I was early in pregnancy when this bulge first appeared, I'm pregnant again and the baby is pressuring it.

What I found was Colon Cancer (VERY low chance, because I'm so young. 5% low lol) Hernia (Possible for me, I was pregnant and the pressure could have caused one) Blockage (Polyps, Parasites (Certain parasites, like roundworms can cause an intestinal blockage. Parasites infect 1/4th of the worlds total population, the most common are pinworms and tapeworms. Pinworms symptoms are itchy butthole at night. Tapeworms dont always have symptoms other than bloating, anemia, sometimes they appear in your stool, fatigue, low vitamin count, malabsorbtion, very stinky stool, loose, torn up stool, mucus in the stool), Diverticulitis (Usually 40+ get this, I've heard a well balanced diet cures it with lots of greens!) Or your intestine bending in on itself, which eventually leads to death.
|

replied January 26th, 2011
@Tiffers!
Tiffers! I have the same thing going on...I went to the doctors and had a CT and they said it was nothing..maybe gas pockets. But I don't believe that at all. I usually only feel mine in the morning sometimes it is extremely pressure-ized? lol And this morning it was right next to my hip bone so I started poking at it and it moved down towards my belly button. :/ I don't know what to do. I'm afraid it is something serious but the doctor says not to worry about it too much.
|

replied August 16th, 2012
i bulge out above my navel and my stomach looks as though i am pregnant. i had twins 21 years ago but this has only started in the last months. if i bend to paint my toe nails or shave my legs in the bath its as though it gets in the way and prevents me doing this comfortably. I do not have pain. i have a lot of wind. and i have started having sweats. i am 54 years old otherwise healthy.
|