Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

Help

Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
Hi all !!!! Sometimes I wake up in the morningand crave sugar so bad so ill eat a piece of candy, then I need more!!! Imean I literally need it, thatll last for like a week, then the next week ill be so tired I can sleep all night and all day.. With no problem. I dont know whats wrong with me . But diabetes is like a hit and miss in my family. I dont have health insurance so its hard to go to the doctor unless I really have to! Im only 20 years old. I get dizzy spells like I could black out.I was just hoping someone could share their advice with me, like how they figured out they had diabetes or the symptoms they had????? Anything at all is appreciated. Thanks a bunch!!!! Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 19th, 2004
Oh
I forgot to tell you I also get heartburn really bad when I eat or drink certain things and I pee like 6 times in an hour!
|

replied October 20th, 2004
Diabetes????
If anyone can give me any insight on this id really appreciate it !!!!!!!
|

replied October 24th, 2004
Hi, I am a diabetic and my symptoms were weight loss, dry skin, major thirstiness, using the bathroom alot, and no energy. Other symptoms are loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, etc. Since you said that people in your family have diabetes but you have no insurance to see the doctor, a good idea is to use one of your relatives' bloodsugar machines and ask them to check your blodsugar. If it's high, see the doctor immediately. Hope that helps Smile
|

replied October 27th, 2004
The only way you are going to know if you have diabetes or not is to go to the doctor for a blood test, or, as the previous poster said, borrow someones glucose monitor and test your sugar, anything over 120 fasting should be checked out.
|