Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Son Keeps Falling...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Has your kid fallen at this young of an age before?
Yes a few times...
No, not at all...
75%  75%  [ 3 ]
25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4
My son has fallen twice already and he is 6 months old...What can I do to make my boyfriend remember to not allow him to fall.. What can really(caps) happen to a baby..He doesn't have brusies and he isn't an abused child.. I am just scared for him...Please help me ladies or gents...

Love-
mesmerizeu15

aol: mesmerizeu15 Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 9th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thank you for the insurance, insurance girl. It really makes me nervous. When I posted this I didn't want people to think I was a child abuser, and I feel really bad. I am only 16 I know that that doens't make up for it, but I have most def. Learned my lesson and I hope that my boyfriend does to. I live with my grandma so when it happens she like freaks on me , which makes me feel even worse...You know what I mean?? Alright...Well talk to you later, thank you!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Its ok if babies fall over, but just be more protective from now on. Im not sure but for mexicans, we believe that it makes the soft spot fall and if that happens they get more cranky and crying more because of it. And some mexican women can make it go away. Like they flip them upside down, lightly and they pat their feet to bring it back up. I dont know its just how we are. Or they make them a tea or something. Its weird. And one time kristen was like almost 1 and walking and she slipped in the kitchen and hit her head and got this huge bump, I mean huge, we all started freaking and crying, and rushed her to the doc and they knew it wasnt child abuse cuz there was like 10 of us waiting for her and they said it was swollen keep an eye on her to make sure shes acting fine, and she should be ok. And she was. And she is very smart. Shes like 6 going on 12. Very smart. So dont worry, be careful and good luck!
|

I Know How You Feel
I havent had my baby yet...And I wont for I few months but I worry about them falling and me looking like a bad mom. My cousins baby fell a lot and I mean (caps) a lot when she was a baby...Shes about 7 now and smart as ever. Shes just like me...Clumsy (which is why I worry about my kid falling and being clumsy like me.) im 17 and I understand how you feel about other people thinking bad of you because your baby has a bump or a bruise in a weird place...A lot of it is because we are so young people are more judgemental of younger mothers. So just keep and eye on the boy and he should be fine.
|

Especially eHealthy
Ok....
I am not here to put anyone down, but my niece and my brother came to live with us when she was 2 months old. She never fell. Please explain to me how your child...... Under at least 7 or 8 months "accidently" falls. That makes absoutly no sence. How the heck does your child just fall. You place your child in a position where he/she (in caps) cannot fall.
I don't want to start trouble I just am not understanding this "falling" thing.
|

Especially eHealthy
And
I forgot to add, when the child begins walking and such I can understand falls and bruses and stuff, but..... As an infant??? I am not sure I understand that.
|

Experienced User
I wouldn'y worry about it too much. It sounds as though he is standing up on his own chanda but is just losing his grip or trying to walk and just falling. I hope that things get better but don't get discouraged hun!

Much love
-jessika-
|

replied October 10th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Don't worry all babies fall, my friends baby fell off the couch a few times and I remember the mother crying more than the child did. Babies and young infants fall lots just be a lil more careful with your since he or she is so much younger Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
First off, I want to say thank you for all the support ladies, what you are doing is helping me out a lot I realize that I am not alone, and that accidents happen. And that is just what it was chanda and accident. I knew that when I took this poll that I would have someone like you wanting to take me down. But now I see that I am not alone. Chanda, I know that you may not see it as an accident but it was and is, sometimes he will be laying on the couch and since he is scouting and rolling he feel off. He cried a little I picked him up and he calmed. I didn't ask you to make me feel worse, I just asked if it had ever happened...I am a really good mother, and I dont think that I should be judged for one little mistake. I am sure that you have dropped a glass in your kitchen before, how is that an accident. A metaphor of course. But once again, thank you ladies for all your help....
|

Extremely eHealthy
Dont worry mezmorize! She wasnt trying to put you down! She was asking a question, not saying you were a bad mother or anything. Im sure you are doing a good job with this. But chanda, it happens once in a while because at 6 months my niece kristen was sitting up and crawling, so when we sat her on the couch and turned for a second to get her blanket she would roll off onto pillows (good thing we had pillows!) or she would just plain fall when you look away for not even a second. But you need to be more watchful because they get into everything. Just like babies are vacums once they start crawling, then there is more watching that needs to be done!!
|

Especially eHealthy
Oh
I am so sorry mes. I was most definetly not trying to put you down. I bet you are a great mother. I was just not understand how almost all the people who replied to you had their children fall. I am so sorry you thought I was putting you down, I was simply asking how can an infant just "fall". I really meant no harm to you! Confused
|

replied October 11th, 2003
I know how you feel!! Kierra was a very fast learner and she started to roll over around 4 months and I will tell you what, she was a little daredevil! She tried to roll off everything! Including my bed and it is a good 4 feet off the floor! She started to walk at 8 months and from then on we had to put bumper guards on everything. She could walk but balance wasn't her deal and she constantly fell! She is going to be 4 in april and has everything down to a science now, but every once in a while she will take a dive when playing on the jungle gym!
|

replied October 12th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Thank you ladies, working on homework, thank you for all the support..Write tommorrow in more detail..
|

replied October 13th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Chandaloss, I didn't get a chance yesterday to throw an apology at you...Sorry that I took what you said the wrong way, I am sorry. I just dont want people to think that I am a bad parent, because I am really trying my hardest, and doing everything that I can. I will tell you that he has not fallen in a while and that makes me proud. Thank you for taking care of me ladies and gents I really appreciate it and it really helps out. I love this site and I love all you wonderful people. The next generation of mothers is the best...

Mesmerizeu15
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile