Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Dizzy Headaches Back of the Head And Neck (Page 1)

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hello, I have so many symptoms from my anxiety, panic disorder. I am also agoraphobic but the anxiety and panic is the worst. My heart beats weird like palpitations or skips beats takes my breath away. I do have the dizziness which is the back of the head. It feels like pressure and my dizziness will never go away. I developed anxiety and panic 10yrs ago and now it is the vertigo feeling. I cant stand that at all makes me feel really depressed. I dont feel like I am in my body. Does anyone know this feeling. I have had head mri, spinal (cervical, middle and lumbar) no signs of ms or tumors. (thank god). I am hypoglycemic too but I wish I could just fix all of this. Does anyone have these symptoms? I also have stiking like cold shooting pains in my brain. I would love for some replies. Thank you so much.
Steph
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bee1972
|

replied December 30th, 2004
I have the same thing..I deveolped anixiety about 3 months ago..And mine is only dizziness..I get it mainly in the back of my head..The dr said the pressure on the back of my head was the tension in my neck muscles..
|

Somtimes I get the feeling im not really there...Like out of body expierence sorta thiing...But its all in my head..*it mainly happens around a lot of ppl*
|

replied December 11th, 2011
This is called derealization. I get this. It's a terrible feeling. When I go through it I feel like it will never go away. It's definitely anxiety, and can lasts for months. Sorry you suffer with this too.
|

Vertigo is a type of dizziness that's characterized by the sensation of spinning. It's sometimes referred to as a hallucination of motion. Imagine what it would feel like to be placed suddenly on a roller coaster that won't stop, and you begin to understand the alarming symptom of vertigo.
|

replied November 14th, 2007
Pressure, Dizzy Headaches Back of the Head And Neck
Hi all,
I am an architect and use a lot of computer and do detail stuff on the computer a lot. so I thought when I had this same dizziness, pressure and neck pain it was completely the computer. But then I found out I had depression and anxiety. So I did some tests on myself. Using the computer on days I was more relaxed and using it for games. Then using it the day before I returned to work. Then I realized it was totally the ANXIETY that caused me to have these physical symptons.
I can say pretty surely what you all seem to have is the same thing-
variations of TENSION HEADACHE. This is supposed to be related to depression. But it is actually the panic/anxiety that triggers the phyical system. It is a bad thing. But I heard regular exercise(after you make it regular) will kill it. But it is also a good thing, because this sympton will show you when you are getting more stressed and when you are less.
If one day you have less headache, that means you are doing something right and less depressed that day. You can then keep repeating the routine of that day and hopefully that will help you grow out of depression. If you have the headache a lot that day, recall what activity you were engaged in or thinking about that started the headache. Eliminate or minize that activity or thinking, and you know you are moving away from depression. I am still working on my headache. As it turns out I have this headache because everytime I am on my computer, both my posture and using the computer reminds me of work, and I get panicky. So I now cut down as much as possible. And try Acupuncture to help myself. Try that and increase exercise for sure. But I am pretty sure that is actually nothing wrong in your brain. It is stress response.
|

replied June 4th, 2012
I have the same symptoms those headaches and the diziness are driving me crazy. How did you get rid of those headaches? I understand acupunture and exercices help you did you take any medecine for stress ?
I hope you better now
|

replied July 7th, 2009
oh my gosh i honestly have the same thing. I have severe anxiety and that is no joke I mean severe. It is crazy what your body can do to you when you are an anxious person. I have my heart skip and it literally feels like someone just took my breath away. Then my heart will beat faster afterwards because it freaks me out so much. I also have "tension headaches" which are so annoying. I feel really dizzy all the time (i actually got fired from my part time job because of this) and it's this immense pressure that I can not get rid of. My doctor put me on lexapro 20 mg and that takes awhile to kick in and i'm only on day 2, and also some drug that is tylenol mixed with a muscle relaxer. I hope you find peace and happiness and I hope this helps because I know you put my mind to ease. Smile
|

replied June 7th, 2012
I have the same symptoms! I have suffered from anxiety for about 18 years and every so often I get a new symptom. My latest one is getting dizzy and feeling spacey and a weird pressure in my head and behind my eyes that is so annoyng!!! I'll be somewhere and someone will speak to me and I find it so hard to concentrate because I feel like I'm going to faint or have a stroke right then and there.I'm so sick of this and wish there was a cure but after so many years and meds I kinda have come to the conclusion that this was the hand I was dealt in life and I'm going to have this forever and just have to deal with it!
|

replied October 19th, 2009
hi i am 18 i have had sever agoraphobia for the past 8 years and over the last 3 years i have been completely housebound. I get panic attacks frequently and i feel that sort of out of body feel also. I also got sever headache and dizziness with it, but i have recently started to get quite bad headache at the back of my head and a sudden flush of anxiety its really horrid. But i cant see a dr as i cannot leave the house!
|

replied January 26th, 2010
Pressure in the back of my head
My story is the same as most the people above. I was just diagnosed with anxiety and have been having pressure in the back of my head for the past week. It really freaked me out at first because for some reason it happens alot when I am sleeping. What I have found to be very helpful is to think positive thoughts right when you start to think negative. Eventually you will train your mind to think positive thoughts and you will become a different person. The thing that really has helped me is the devotion I have. Its called Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen. Its so inspiring and it really helps me when I read it and the Bible. God REALLY can heal you you just have to believe it and that is the hard part. So be strong and do all the little things that you think won't make a difference and eventually you will get better. BELIEVE that you will be healed and you will. I have seen it with my own eyes. Positive thinking is EVERYTHING!!!
|

replied January 26th, 2010
I never had any severe phobias but since I'm a very emotional person and frankly speaking am a coward Smile whenever i think about my health, i think only worst first.

About 8 years ago i had serious problems with why intracranial pressure. It was very high and i had several faints. After that whenever i feel a little weakness i start to worry that i may fall again, feel how hot blood stream comes to my face ...i have to breath deeply several times and definitely think about something, sing or call somebody...

this is all in our heads! such people like us have an uncontrolled self influence, but unfortunately bad influence. We need to get distracted.

I'm sure, once you guys get brave enough to tell yourself "I'm not afraid anymore" and make your first step out... you will gain such a passion to live and see and explore different parts of the world. There really are millions of things you will love!
|

replied June 7th, 2012
It's nice to hear something positive! I have the same feeling like my head is going to blow.....the hot flashes ....the dizzines. It is a symptom that pretty much happens to me daily and is so annoying. Just another symptom thanks to my anxiety disorder. It's really hard to think positive when you feel like this but I guess you have to keep fighting the good fight.
|

replied June 7th, 2012
It's nice to hear something positive! I have the same feeling like my head is going to blow.....the hot flashes ....the dizzines. It is a symptom that pretty much happens to me daily and is so annoying. Just another symptom thanks to my anxiety disorder. It's really hard to think positive when you feel like this but I guess you have to keep fighting the good fight.
|

replied February 25th, 2010
I, like everyone else have been having these panic attacks and headaches, but i've learned to control the panic attacks. Does anyone else get the feeling that there is mucus in your throat all of the time? I've managed to get rid of the panic attacks by asking myself these questions: "why am I having this panic attack?" "would there really be no one around who can save me?" and i talk myself out of them. also exhaling very deeply and focusing on the exhale always seems to calm me down. take slow, deep breaths and tell yourself that you are fine. the best way to get rid of being agoraphobic- face your fears. i went on some amusement park rides, traveled places, realized that i got through it with no seizures or strokes or heart attacks or whatever disease symptom i made up. EVERYTHING IS OK. it gets better. just wondering if anyone else gets the mucus thing.
|

replied November 24th, 2011
Hey if your still on this site get back to me I need help I suffer from panic an anxiety attack!! Just want to know more about how to over come.them!!
|

replied June 2nd, 2012
Bro itseasy it's all in the breathing I'm 15 and I can control it don't listens to anyone believing u will be fine is very very difficult when u go into a panic attack you feel like the worlds against you it's all in the breathing breath in for count of 3 exhale for count of 6 and you will be fine man
|

replied April 18th, 2010
I''m soo happy I''m not the only one feeling these things! I have literally been to the doctor or called an ambulanc over 10 times and I just started having the in September of 09. Everytime I get in the car I have to call someone so that I can be distracted. The minute something feels weird in ANY part of my body I begin to panic and think somthing is happening to me. One time the left side of my face and neck felt numb and immediately I went into hyper active mode causing me to leave work cause I thought I was having a stroke. Recently it''s been getting worse cause all I think about is having an attack. Everyonre says think positive thoughts and take deep breaths but when I try to it doesn''t work. Seriously, I''m sock of feeling like this all the time and it seems I started feeling like this after I had my son who is 18 months now. I really don''t want to take meds but right now I''m feeling like that''s my only way out!!
|

replied April 28th, 2010
Hi im an agoraphobic and have suffered severe panic attacks for the past 3 years and am now completely housebound. I have tried taking meds but I seem to have reactions and bad side effects which makes me panic even more. I get headaches and feels like i constantly have pressure in my head. My shoulders, neck & head are always tense, the only way i can temporarily release this tension is by cracking my neck and back. I really am running out of options and patience and am constantly frustrated. I speak to a psychologist over the telephone.
|

replied June 28th, 2010
imnotsick,

Yes! I have had the mucus thing! It was so weird. Im not sick or anything either. it was like it was stuck in my throat. Im so glad im not the only one.
|

replied December 14th, 2010
My Awakening
I have the mucus thing too. Sometime in February, I was smacked in the head by some sort of a spirit. My system was flushed out after it happened. I went into a panic attack. My wife rushed me to the ER and they had no answer. For the next 7 months, my body would burn, and I couldn't control my thoughts. But now that I'm almost a year in, I've been able to control my thoughts again. Plus my bodies not burning anymore. I truly feel it's the holy spirit working his ways. I grew stronger spiritually. During my ordeal, whenever I did something bad, like telling a lie, looking at a women in a lustful manner, or killing a fly, my body would be punished internally. Through the punishment, I've learned to become a better person. It's an unexplainable phenomenom. I'll never know what really happened. All I know is, the father has help me greatly during this entire process. I'm so thankful to have him in my life.
|

replied May 25th, 2011
Hey everyone!
THis makes me feel so much better I have the same thing. I work at a hospital and one day it felt like the whole right side of my body went numb and I started freaking out. Ever since then I freak out everytime I feel a weird feeling in my body. I never used to be like this I used to be really laid back but now I have been having panic attacks and anxiety. I have had major headaches, neck aches, and sometimes I get nauseated if I think about it to much. I also have pain in my chest muscles and my legs. I also get really dizzy and feel like I am floating outside of my body. I have also had the mucus thing which I thought was because I smoked. It feels like I am dying and freaking out inside my head. I have been to the doctor and all my blood tests turn out fine. I have talk to a psychologist and he suggested exercise, yoga, spirtual well being, and quit smoking and drinking caffeine. So I am going to try all these and see if it helps. THank you for your posts makes me feel like I am not the only one when others look at me like I am crazy or something!
|

replied June 7th, 2011
Relieved
I am so happy to read that I am not the only one going through this (I guess 'happy' is the wrong word...I should say RELIEVED). I have been freaking out, thinking that I have something seriously wrong(brain tumor, on the verge of a heart attack, etc). I have been seeing a psychologist for anxiety for the past 3 months and she keeps telling me this is all part of the anxiety but it's hard to believe. Especially since I have not yet had a full physical (scheduled to have it 2 agonizing weeks from now). I've had a headache in the back of my head for 3 days now. The only thing that works (temporarily) is Midol (guess it's the caffeine + acetaminophen). The headache gets worse when I'm on the computer (which due to my job is all day) and when I'm watching tv. When I get home from work, I lay down and make sure my bedroom is totally dark. Taking a 20 minute power nap like this really seems to help for the rest of the evening. I don't recommend taking the Midol (or anything with caffeine) after 4pm, otherwise it will be hard to go to sleep (which is hard enough these days). To relax and calm me before bed I alternate between Kava Kava tea (by Yogi) and Chamomile tea. I'm hopeful that some of these tips might help others. Try to remember that this is only temporary.
|

replied November 6th, 2011
I too have been getting pain in the back of my head/neck, and it seems to get worse when I think about it. I've been worried about it being a tumor, and feel dizzy only when I'm worried about it. But this is making me feel a lot better Smile
|

replied November 9th, 2011
I have been reading a website called Emotrance. This system gets you to feel where it hurts the most, put your hands there, and tell the energy to soften. Take your time, and wait. It will soften, then tell it to flow and let go. the website explains what Emotrance is and some free help how to do it. Keep at it, and try not to panic. We all have energy hands, and they will help you calm down. Luv, sequeesh
|

replied December 15th, 2011
I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to..
It's been happening to me also, im a 33 yr old male diagnosed anxiety and panic attacks since age 14, and for the best few months my anxiety got different, i get pressure in the back of my head and dizzyness and left arm pain and i keep going to the E.R thinking it's definately a heart attack, but they are saying its only a panic attack, i am prescribed 1mg of xanax now 4 times a day, although i try to take it only as needed, but as of the past 2 months i am need ing them more, this is very scary and my anxiety is SEVERE, i know what you are all going through and if you ever need somebody to talk to, please email me, no matter what time of day or night it is, as i am usually up all night from this, thanks everyone and hope we can start to feel better, and by the way i was on CELEXA, which i swear has made my panic attacks 100X STRONGER I kind of weened myself off of them, and been off for over 3 months but i think that pill destroyed my life and ill never touch another antidepressant again..
|

replied April 29th, 2012
e-mail me if you want, sounds like we have things in common.
|

replied March 7th, 2012
I'm so scared all the time. Dizziness, head pressure on left hand side of Braun with shooting pain. Feeling of fading away without anyone caring, inability to talk and move my toung. It's very scary!! I've convinced myself it's anxiety then the next second I think its a brain tumour like what my mother had! I'm scared, any advice?? xxx
|