Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

What Irritates Your Malar Rashor Discoid Rash?

Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
I am doing better now, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has a sensitivity to makeup and other facial products???? Question

Idea does anyone has major sensitivity to light? Question

yesterday, I almost looked like nothing was on my face and for a new job interview I put makup one.....And whammo. Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 8th, 2003
Experienced User
Jaja
.. Hi, yes I have alot of product sinsitivitys. I have to use hypoalergenic makup. And there are lots of soaps I can't use .
Dove-calmay-pomolive (all the green soaps) . Some shampoos.
My doctor told me I should use dial only....But I like my safe guard better. I can't use hairspray or heavy starches.
The list goes on..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .....Sharon Smile
|

replied October 9th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Know what you mean...I can barely walk to my mailbox in the summer to get the mail (about 35-50 feet). Ugh!

I use a lot of sunscreen, wear protective clothes and try not to go out any more than I have to...

Hugs,
ladybrannon
|

replied February 12th, 2004
Experienced User
Lights, Make-up
I know this is a very old posting but...... I have a horrible time at my job with both natural light that comes through the front windows and the over-head lights. The problem is I work in a hair salon and there are mirrors everywhere that just keep reflecting the light which makes me feel terrible! I wear make-up with sunscreen and had the light directly overhead unscrewed, and still have a reaction. One week I wore a hat everyday, in a hair salon!

I'm taking prednisone which seems to eliminate 1/2 the symptoms. Any suggestions?

I do have a suggestion for sensitive skin, cetaphyl cleanser and moisturizers were recommended to me years ago by my dermatologist and have been about the only thing that does not bother me. Some origins and clinique moisturizes that are a gel or liquid base have also worked for me. Stay away from the creams and lotions.

Mia
|

replied February 13th, 2004
Experienced User
Makeup
I don't have any problems with makeup but you may want to call your mary kay rep and ask her about stuff that's for sensitive skin. In my lupus group back in nc we had a guest speaker and I don't recall the name of the product but it was from the mary kay line.

There's also another line that's sold in department stores, also cannot recall the name....You can't expect much from me when I go to walmart and buy what's on sale that's closest to my skin tone.

I have sun sensitivity too but the only reaction I get from the sun is a really high fever when over-exposed. No flares as of yet but then again I am not running any personal tests to see what the limits are either.

Sorry if it's so vague, hope some of it helps.

Clarebear
|

replied February 29th, 2004
Hmmm
Have you ever looked at celia sprue? Many of the products have wheat and cause an allergic reaction. This is also an auto-immune disorder.
|

replied July 8th, 2004
Hi Everybody.
I was wondering if someone here can help me with a question. If I am exposed to the sun for even a short time on my arms I get a terrible rash. When my rheumatologist retired, our hospital never replaced him and it has been over a year. On my last visit , my blood work came back and my ra factor was 226. But the doctor said with the symptoms that I had, bluish fingers in cold since childhood, joint pain off and on, chest pain when I get excited or upset, he felt that I was on the threashold of lupus. But discoid lupus/ I get a severe rash when in the sun for only a short time. But this rash can itch horribly sometimes and sometimes just hurts a bit, does any one else experience this itching? I have so far only gotten a spot or 2 on my face, but have gotten them in my scalp. And thats not all. I sometimes get really sick after sun exposure and wind up laying down for a day of 2. The symptom chart says the lupus rash seldom itches. But mine does especially right after exposure. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this
|

replied July 13th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi aveca...

Welcome! I am ladybrannon. Hmmmm...I know I have heard of people with lupus having rashes that itch. And by that I mean...Lupus rashes that itch. I am one of those people that have *horrible* rashes due to lupus and I get all kinds of rashes, and have all kinds of reactions. And yes, some of them have itched. I have even been put in isolation due to some of my rashes! Lol! While I am laughing at the thought, i'm not kidding!

Have you asked about seeing someone else in another town or city? How far would you have to go? What about an internist or an immunologist?

What blood work have you had done? What were all your test results other than the ra factor?

Hugs,
ladybrannon
|

replied July 18th, 2004
Hi
Hi lady brannon . Sorry I was busy and didnt get back in here till now. They really didnt know what was wrong since 1990 . I started getting very sick, I was in mid 30s and they thought at one point I had lyme disease. But the tests were all negative, they did elisa and western blot and one other . Then they did a full virus panel, parvo virus, hepatitis, full panel, plus a host of other strange viruses, mono ect... Then I was refered to a rheumatologisat by a good freind whom I rode horses with, her husband is a neurologist. After 2 visits he zeroed in on the ra test, and I think he did one lupus test, and sed rate which was normal. At that time the lupus test didnt show anything but he felt strongly that that was what I had. The rashes only happen in summer and after sun exposure.
|

replied July 21st, 2004
Re: What Irritates Your Malar Rashor Discoid Rash?
jaja wrote:
i am doing better now, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has a sensitivity to makeup and other facial products???? Question

Idea does anyone has major sensitivity to light? Question

yesterday, I almost looked like nothing was on my face and for a new job interview I put makup one.....And whammo. Embarassed

this is my first time of using the forum... Question gosh, is this how I am to reply to this message? What is this "quote" thing? If I answered correctly, please let me know because I have a Exclamation major Exclamation light sensitivity - possibly a sun allergy. We could trade info. Liza_ell

ps. At least I figured out how to use the emoticons! Idea
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile