Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Strange Chest Pains

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am 39 yrs old female, I have had strange sharp chest pains.
Maybe 1-2 times per month for the last few years, and sometimes feel a strange pressure, I have a stressful life.
I told my doctor and he did an ekg and it was normal. I have no health insurance so I have not pursude this, my doctor said it may be acid reflux? He said don't worry, but I am worried.
My mom has several health problems, but not with the heart.
Any info would be helpful
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2008
Doctor
According to your negative ECG-report and data about having a stressful life, your chest pressure could be stress related. Stress is often manifested with symptoms of a real organic disorder.

Do you feel burning sensations behind the sternum? That could suggest acid reflux.
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2008
Community Volunteer
You could have acid reflux, so you could take a natural remedy or OTC remedy, or even talk to your doctor about taking a prescription. When I was pregnant, OTC prilosec helped me a lot. If the problem doesn't clear up for you in the couple weeks as it indicates, it's either not going to help you or acid reflux isn't your problem. If it does help, you can continue to take it, even though it says you aren't supposed to: that is just supposed to protect people from taking it when they actually are taking it to cure acid reflux when their problem is actually heart disease.

If all this is from anxiety and stress, that makes sense too. You can post in the anxiety/stress disorder section and will find much help there too Smile
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska