Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Lump On My Neck (Page 1)

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
I have a lump on my neck and I have no idea what it could be. You can't really see it on the outside, but if you press your fingers to it, you can feel it. It's not uncomfortable or painful, however if pressed, I hurts a tiny bit. Does anyone know what this could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Helloooonurse
|

replied February 10th, 2006
Re: Lump On My Neck
cookie0304 wrote:
i have a lump on my neck and I have no idea what it could be. You can't really see it on the outside, but if you press your fingers to it, you can feel it. It's not uncomfortable or painful, however if pressed, I hurts a tiny bit. Does anyone know what this could be?

ok im only 13 so obviosaly I dont no but I have the same thing mine is under me left ear my dad is a fireman and he said I chould get it checked out it kinda scares me cuz people get cancer from lumps on their necks but I dont reallyno haha so...Ya
|

replied October 21st, 2011
hi im 15 and ive found a lump/bump in my neck aswell, i havent told my mum yet, but one off my mates mums said i should go get it checked out, but im scared because cancer runs in my family soo ://
|

replied April 9th, 2012
I am 13 and found a lump on my left hairline and told my mom it really hurts but she isn't doing anything about it i am known for getting diseases that no one has heard of in my family and it's scaring me cause i never have an injurie that isn't serious could it be cancer
|

replied August 2nd, 2006
Re: Lump On My Neck
cookie0304 wrote:
i have a lump on my neck and I have no idea what it could be. You can't really see it on the outside, but if you press your fingers to it, you can feel it. It's not uncomfortable or painful, however if pressed, I hurts a tiny bit. Does anyone know what this could be?

i have the same thing too, on the left side of my neck.

Anyone have any idea as to what this is/could be?
|

replied January 28th, 2009
Lump on my neck too
I have one too and looking at other sites have told me that if it is visable it could be a linf node (not sure on the spelling) but if it isnt visable you should get it checked by a doctor.

Hope i helped.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Lymph nodes
If you have one you had a recent flu or cold never mind it will go away, if is painful probably is an infection somewhere in your body if is not painful and do not goes away, you need a biopsy yesterday. You need to see your doctor now....
|

I'm the user ChoCho who posted earlier in this topic when I had the same problem, I did end up going to the doctor and found out it was a boil, and the doctor lanced it (cut it open) and drained it and prescribed me some antibiotics. It was VERY painful until after it was lanced and drained, but afterwards I felt almost completely fine.
I suggest going to a doctor, even if you're not sure if it's really serious. It could end up becoming more serious and it actually can be extremely painful sometimes.
Apparently the cause of this was from medication I was on that weakened my immune system, and when your immune system is weakened you are more likely to get boils.

Anyhow, I hope this helps someone out.
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2009
Experienced User
I hope the Doctor
send the pus for culture, to r/o the possibility of MRSA.
|

replied February 21st, 2010
symptoms along with the lump on the right side of my neck
I'm 13 and i have one. i noticed a sore throat before i saw this. I have nosebleeds often and the night before, blood was draining down the back of my neck and making me want to puke. After that night, my throat was sore, stuffed up nose, and of course, the swollen bump on my neck under my right ear. please tell me if anyone has any of my symtoms because im scared. my friends say it could be cancer so im freaking out pleeese replu. thanx!!
|

helpppp!!! anyone gonna answer me?? jk, just really worried...
|

User Profile
Experienced User
mumps
Behind you ear, could be mumps, ask your mom if you got the shots, stay at home, if you are a boy you can not go out, if you have any fever, let your mother knows about it. IF you are a boy be very careful stay in your bed and covered, tell your mother what you think that bump is and she has to take you to a doctor.
|

replied September 28th, 2010
Hi, I just want to know if anyone might know some one in the same situation like mine... I have had a lump on my leftside of my kneck probably since I been 17yrold. I am know 25, Its never hurt, or grown. it never bother me at all, but i brought it up to a few people and they got overly concern, I tried to get it checked but you know like many people I am unensured and its kinda pricy to get it checked. So if you know anyone whos ever had a situation like mine a little info wouldn't hurt. I know every person is different but I just want info not a diagnostic! please! thanks
|

replied October 22nd, 2010
This may help
Hello,

I have the same kinda thing on the right side of the back of my neck close to my spine. If you can feel the edges of the lump it could be a cyst or a swollen lymph node.

If it is in those locations I URGE you to go see your doctor if it has been there for more than a week. You should see a doctor for any lump you find especially if it is close to your spine. Cysts arn't harmful but can be if they are close to your spine because they can press on it and cause neural problems. It is also very hard to remove from that area so the sooner you see a doctor the better!

The doctor will probably order an X-ray and ultrasound first. If nothing pops up he may order a CT scan or an MRI. This is what my doctor did atleast. I am waiting to have the CT scan to find what mine is.

I hope this information helps you.

-Brooke RN

If you have any concerns or questions you can write me and I can do my best to help Smile
|

replied January 29th, 2011
I've got one on my upper frontal neck. It isnt visible from outside but you can feel it. It's hard and has clearly defined edges. Pls help me???....
|

replied February 3rd, 2011
neck pain, lump, pain
Ok, I am 15 years old.
i have been off school for about 4 days with the flu, (runny nose, cough, tempature, generally feeling like poo)
Well after about the 2nd day of me being ill, i noticed i had pain in my neck, but i didnt take any notice of it, because i thought it was from where i had slept awkwardly.
but then today the pain in my neck had gotten worse, i spread to my shoulder and caused headaches. i then felt around where most of the pain ws, and i found a lump in my neck, about the size of a ping pong ball,, maybe smaller.
its not noticable on the outside, but when i feel around it and press it,, its slightly painful, and obviously shouldnt be there.
im really worried about it as my great nanna had cancer in her neck and died from it Sad

i hope someone pays attention to me as it took along time to write this,,, HELP Sad
|
Users who thank jessicaa1995 for this post: brookekingxxbrookecutexx 

replied March 23rd, 2011
I've heard that some people can get that
when they have got a cold or something
and it's sucking the bad this into this lump and
when your cold goes the lump goes away.
Hope this helped but just to make
sure you should get it checked at the doc's.
|

replied March 20th, 2011
lump
I,ve got the exact same problem same thing flu and cough then today i found a lump its quite (solid)hard and painfull if i press on it, ive been unwell with the flu for aboot a week or so but ive just found this and im kinda worried, my friend said its a swollen lymph node but my mum said its a swollen gland. Its gotten worse as the day progressed on and now im having trouble sleeping, also my friend said that the lymph nodes appear when you are unwell and you have an infection so its probably that hope this helped you Very Happy .
|

replied March 23rd, 2011
Lump?
hi I'm only 13 and I've got this bump on my neck
it feels big but it isn't visible, it could be me pulling a muscle in
my neck when I'm asleep but it's been going on for 2 nights
and a day now.
Could somebody please answer this question for me
because I'm worried.
Thank you! Smile
|

replied April 9th, 2011
there is a lump in the right side of my neck infact there are two more at the back of it... it isnt sore nor does it hurt....it isnt giving me any trouble except for slight breathin problem and heavy chest..... its hard yet moveable.. i wonder what it is... i dont have a flu, temperature or anything....i had a stomcah ache for two days for like half an hour and felt like throwin up but then all got ok...
|

replied April 9th, 2011
there is a lump on the right side of my neck infact there are two more at the back of it... it isnt sore nor does it hurt....it isnt giving me any trouble except for slight breathin problem and heavy chest..... its hard yet moveable.. i wonder what it is... i dont have a flu, temperature or anything....i had a stomcah ache for two days for like half an hour and felt like throwin up but then all got ok...
|

replied April 12th, 2011
Hey guys it me again,
my neck has gone down since I went to the docs except I
can still feel something. I haven't
been sick either.
Please answer, thnx Smile
|

replied May 10th, 2011
Hey, Ive been reading all of these replies and i went to the doctor and had xrays done and they said it was nothing but i still hve the bumps its been 3 years. they are pretty big and i just dont want them anymore. some oe please help!!
|
12 >>
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile