Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

2 Teeth!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Chrissys post reminded me! Troy has his 2 front bottom teeth starting to poke thru! =) I feel so bad tho because it must hurt soo bad and hes sick =( poor baby

<3
gaby
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 12th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Gaby, have you tried anything to help sooth his pain?

Btw-i feel like a !**@! because I have been here for awhile, but is troy your baby brother or something?
|

replied October 12th, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Awe!
|

replied October 13th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Signs that your baby is teething-
-irritability
-chewing their fingers
-chewing toys
-clingy
-fretful
-difficulty sleeping
-production of more saliva causing them to dribble
-crying
-swollen areas in the mouth where the teeth may be about to break through
-putting their fingers into their mouth

usually, the first teeth to appear are the two lower central incisors - or ‘cutting teeth’. These are followed by the two upper central incisors. By his first birthday, your baby may have six teeth since, once they begin to grow, they usually develop at a rate of around one a month

although this is just a guideline, your babys teeth will usually appear in this order:

6-7 months - four central incisors (cutting teeth)

8 months - four side incisors

10 - 14 months - four back molars (chewing teeth)

16-20 months - four canines (pointed teeth)

24-30 months - four more back molars

it is always important to remember that not all children teeth at the same rate. Some children still have no teeth after a year and others begin to teeth immediately. The rate at which a child's teeth grow is determined by their d n a, and does not influence how healthy the teeth, or the child, may be.

Helping your child to teeth

fruit and vegetables
to help soothe the discomfort of teething you will find your baby will want to chew toys , clothing etc. Slices of cucumber , carrot or a piece of fruit will help soothe you baby

teething toys

there are a number of teethers available in all styles , shapes and colours. Many of the teethers available give both stimulation to the child and provide aid to the sore gum . You will find fun shaped teether , massaging teether , cool ring teether some teethers also being tuneful.
|

replied October 13th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Troy is my boyfriends baby brother

<3
gaby
|