Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Bush's Views (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ad announcer: when it comes to issues that affect our families, are john kerry's priorities the same as yours? Kerry voted against parental notification for teenage abortions. Kerry even voted to allow schools to hand out the morning after pill without parents' knowledge. He voted to take control away from parents by taking away their right to know. John kerry has his priorities. The question is, are they yours?

Pro life with exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother
set the goal that all children should be welcomed in life and protected by law
supports parental notification, banning use of taxpayer funds for abortion, and banning partial birth abortion
supports efforts to increase adoptions
make permanent the $5,000 adoption tax credit

sorry but I have to say, schools giving out the m/a pill is like condoning unprotected sex in my eyes. And I agree with bush's views on abortion. Yes women have a right to choose, but in most cases, these chose to have sex. They should not be able to choose whether or not they have to deal with the cosequences. It's a part of life. If you never experience consequences, you never learn. Not to offend anyone but I think john kerry needs to be beaten in the side of the head with a steel-toed boot. He is crazy. I know a lot of people are pro-choice, but think about it. 100 years ago they didn't have abortion, yeah a lot more poeple died during child birth, but most of the time, that isn't the issue anymore. I think abortion is the most selfish act in the world. It is worse than mur der, it is killing someone who, in no way can defend themself, unlike a grown person. I'm sorry but this issue really bothers me. I am all for women's rights, but I think this one just should not be an option.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 11th, 2004
Experienced User
Im a bush supporter 100%.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I am a republican..And support bush!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I Totally Agree
I know! Im not much for politics but that upset me. How would u feel if ur daughters school gave her the m/a pill without ur consent? I would be p.O. School isnt the place to do that. If u want that go to the clinic. And as a parent, I dont think it should be a secret at all. My views have really changed since I had a baby.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I support bush 100% aswell.

And if you dont mind I would like to add something..

Abortion is a way of getting rid of an "inconvenience" teenage mothers, or any mother for that matter that abort their babies do it for one purpose and one purpose only. Having a child at the time would be an inconvenience to them and their lives.

The only time I would ever support abortion in any way is if the mother and child would .B.O.T.H die during labor and delivery.

But I agree competely with what you said.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Well to be honest a much as I disagree with schools handing out m/a pill. I feel it's the way society is heading and maybe just maybe it is needed. Sometimes girls get them themselves into more trouble my trying to conceal it! Maybe the schools can help them but re-educate them at the same time. Of course there are going to be girls that abuse it but that happens with everything. Maybe they could do a three strikes and your out kinda thingy. When after that they can tell the parents!!! Lol I know thats sounds dreadful but ya know what I mean!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
*sighs*

they both can suck a penis.

I hate bush

and I dont like kerry
|

Especially eHealthy
I switched parties. I like bush. I'm voting for bush in nov.
|

Well thank god I dont need to vote. I want tony blair out as well, bush's little lap dog!! But then again we can vote in the the conservatives, man are they pathetic!!

Im gonna stand for prime minsiter, and make the country party every friday night!
|

Especially eHealthy
My belief is like bush

pro life with exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother
set the goal that all children should be welcomed in life and protected by law

i wouldn't expect a person to carry a rape baby if they didn't want to. I mean...... It is just wrong. Incest is a choice also. Life of the mother as determined by a doctor.... And more than one opinon. Not just the mother saying her "body can't handle a baby"
|

Extremely eHealthy
I have to say I disagree..

If my baby were a girl and I found out she had been getting the morning after pill from her school I would pull her out and send her somewhere else in an instant.

I will never support a school giving out birth control. All that is doing is telling these girls that the government and the teachers and adults around you say it is okay to have sex before your married.

If my daughter wants to have sex then she down right better come to me about it...And not go get birth control from her school.

(this is where I have to say that I loved going to a private christian school...Because that kind of stuff would .N.E.V.E.R ever be accepted or promoted at my old school. I loved my experience at christian school and if I could afford to send nathaniel there I would)

but thats just the oppinion of one person...But I think its totally wrong for the government to support that.
|

Especially eHealthy
I too think that the pill given at school is wrong with a capital w
|

Ok lets stop thinking about how we would feel as parents!

What if it was us? What if the condom broke the night before

do you

a/ go to family planning who havent a clue who you are

b/ go to the school nurse who does know you. Maybe this way the country/ schools can keep an eye on what their girls are doing and find new ways to re- educate them!

Lets face it girls and boys are gonn ave sex no matter what anybody says or who condones it! It's re-educating girls and boys to take more pride in themselves and make them feel it's ok to wait and know when them time is right for them to able to take the consequences of their own bodies!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah but see I think they need to go to a clinic. Where the nurses are trained and specialized in that kind of stuff. School nurses only study a general curriculum. What if something went wrong and a girl had a super bad reaction to the morning after pill? Then it would be a liability to the school. Which with the way public schooling is headed, they really don't need.

Also, I think a lot of the problems is with the parents. I think the parents need to be more open to the subject of sex. You cannot just be like my mom and forbid certain people and forbid sex and such. Because that is exactly what your teen will go for. You have to be understanding. You cannot control what your kids do. You can try and try for everything your worth, but it is never going to happen. I plan on giving josh the *talk* at a pretty early age, and talk about it quite often thereafter. I will tell him that I really do not want him to have sex, but if he insists, then at least be man enough to come to me and tell me. I would gladly supply condoms, and ask if I needed to help his girlfriend get on birth control. What teens sometimes need are options, not restrictions. If our parents generations had been more understanding, then maybe ours would have been less rebellious. I know parents try to keep their kids from making the same mistakes they did, but they cant. People need to make their own mistakes, its a part of life. People tend to learn form their own mistakes, not others'. Like I said, if you dont suffer the consequences of your own mistakes, you will never learn. So yes, parents need to be more open about sex, but just because they aren't, doesn't mean that schools need to go behind the back of the parents giving these girls pills. I think an intervention and family counseling is what is needed.

And ita, michelle. U bet any school gave my daughter that pill I would pull her from their quicker than they can pull my foot out of their ass.

Edit~just to prove a point, in the 8th grade I was suspended from school for 5 days for having sex-related parafanalia. They found a condom box in my backpack during a search. Not condoms, the box. While I was being safe, they were saying it was wrong. Or at least that was the message I got. What kind of hypocriticism is this? Ban condoms but condone m/a pills? Also, my little bropther got suspended from the same school on friday, for 3 days, because they found a condom in his shoe. He is no longer allowed to attend public schools because he has been suspended 3 times this year for pure idiocy. For being a teen boy. I think they single him out because they know he is my brother, and I was expelled from there for basically being the class clown. Doing stuff like mooning my pe class and back-talking with a smart mouth. I was sent to a second chance school where all but 1 person was their fore either possession, or fighting. Now tell me, is our public school systems focus where it needs to be? That is something the presidential candidates should be working on. Not worrying about m/a pills. Worrying about the futures they put at stake with the poor consideration they put into discipline.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Guys, there is so much more to abortion then you know.. First of all.. I don't know if you know this, but abortion will never or actually should never become illegal.. Why? Pregnancy can cause harm (yes, physical harm) to a womans body and it can be more than just an "inconvienence".. Becuase of that, it can't be illegal because we have the 14th admendment that says "no law must be made that would harm one's person".. That's not word for word phrasing, but if you look it up, it says the same thing I am saying.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well ill tell u this I cant say how I feel about someone giving shayela b/c but I took the m/a pill once and felt like !**@! for about 6months because I felt like I was playing god. And no matter what anyone says, ya it may be harmful but the girl chose to spread her legs (unless rape) and she should take responsibility and have the baby. I too am ok with abortion if mom is at risk. We aren't god and we cant change that!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ok so I guess all married couples shouldn't engage in any sexual activity if they have strict plans on not having kids,, at least not for a decent amount of time.... Rolling Eyes sex is not the determining factor in having kids, fertility and infertility is. I strictly plan on never having any kids.. So does that mean my husband has to be celibate .F.O.R.E.V.E.R because I don't wany any children whatsoever? Yeah.. Get real. Rolling Eyes
|

Extremely eHealthy
First of all u dont have to be rude!! Second of all if u dont want kids use as much protection as possible and u should still take into consideration that u might get pregnant and be willing to take resposibility for that!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sorry, I dont mean to be rude, it just angers me off when people expect that because me and my bf who is actually my fiance should remain abstinent forever because in no way are we willing to have a kid.. At least i'm not. I understand if you say "well use birth control" and blahdy blah, but don't expect us to keep our legs shut forever becuase of morals that don't belong to us.. That's just an unreasonable expectation.. Clearly.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sorry, I am completely against abortion unless incest, rape, or medical reasons. My cousin who now has 2 little boys...Got pregnant at 17 and was taking caffeine pills while pregnant to stay awake all the time. She ended up in the hospital because of that and the baby had to get aborted because it would have been deformed from the pills.

To bd- I think you or your husband should get it to where you don't have to worry about it. Get your tubes tied or easier yet have him get a vasectomy. I think that is so much easier, than worrying about an unwanted pregnancy every month...And paying for some method of birth control..And having it maybe not working. This is my opinion. I really like you but I think that would be a good idea.
|