Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Right Side Pain, Nausea And Dizzy? What Is It?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For four weeks I have been having attacks of pain in my right side (from my belly button up to the area of my gallbladder). When I get these attacks I also get very dizzy and have some nausea. I have had a catscan (w and w/o contrast), upper gi barium xrays and blood work. The first blood work that was pulled showed a mild elevated white blood cell count and I was given a antibiotic. Since then everything has come back normal. My grandmother had severe dizziness associated with her gallbladder stones but I can't find anything on this and the doctors are not helpful. I can't eat, I am not over weight, I am a vegetarian and otherwise I am very healthy. Has anyone had these symptoms?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Anonymous
|

replied November 6th, 2004
Hi, ive been having dizziness and other things associated with anxiety attks for the pas 2 mo. Well ive been treaded for chemical imbalance but, I went to a oriental medacine doc and he gave me these natural pills called a-f betafood, being he thinks its related to my gallbladder and I have slight pain in my right side, gassiness, heartburn, u name it. But I would have never associated my dizziness with gallbladder. Im waiting for insurance so I can have an mri. Its good to find someone else going thru what ur going thru with similar symptoms because I need answers its driving me nuts!!!
|

replied November 12th, 2004
Anonymous
Long Over Do!
Sad I have been sick for 4 half years with the same thing. Pain on my right flank nausea, dizzy headaches, I still cannot eat well.I have had with these doctors.My body is tired. I pray that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.I miss being me.
|

replied November 26th, 2004
Re: Long Over Do!
crazybinet wrote:
Sad I have been sick for 4 half years with the same thing. Pain on my right flank nausea, dizzy headaches, I still cannot eat well.I have had with these doctors.My body is tired. I pray that there is a lig Crying or Very sad ht at the end of the tunnel.I miss being me.
Wink stick in there you will be alright in the end?
|

replied December 9th, 2005
Gallbladder And Dizziness/headaches
Hi:
for a long time I had lots of problems with heartburn, gas, indigestion, and after awhile I started getting dizzy at the same time, very very dizzy. One night I had very horrible chest pain from heartburn and was extraordinairly dizzy. It turns out it was my gallbladder, and when I had a gallbladder attack the dizziness was at its worst. However, none of the doctors would admit that the dizziness had anything to do with it.

I have since had my gallbladder taken out, and that has not taken care of everything. However, I started eating lots of beets (key indgredient in betafood) and taking a supplement w/beets and in it and things have finally started to improve. (i read about beets helping out on alternative med websites.)

I would never have said so before, but I really think that the natural stuff w/beets in can help you out. Your gallbladder can make you dizzywhen you are having digestive problems, it certainly did for me. I would really recommend trying something with beets, because it really seems to be helping. I still have headaches and dizziness now but what i've been taking has been helping and i'm trying to order some betafood now.

Good luck! I really can emphasize about the unhelpful doctors. They can be such unhelpful jerks.
|

replied December 14th, 2005
I've been suffering with dizziness for 2 years now, and it is only getting worse. This started in jan 04 with dizzy spells after i'd eat something and has progressed to the point that i'm dizzy most of the time. I also have had pressure under my right rib cage (which I thought was indigestion due to the dizziness). Well, I found out last week that my gallbladder is not functioning, the doctors don't know how or if this is at all related to the dizziness but they are taking it out tomorrow. I'll let you know if it cures the dizziness (or the pressure for that matter). You have no idea how much it would mean to me to finally cure this dizziness, I don't know what i'll do if it doesn't work.
|

replied December 16th, 2005
Re: Right Side Pain, Nausea And Dizzy? What Is It?
kme wrote:
for four weeks I have been having attacks of pain in my right side (from my belly button up to the area of my gallbladder). When I get these attacks I also get very dizzy and have some nausea. I have had a catscan (w and w/o contrast), upper gi barium xrays and blood work. The first blood work that was pulled showed a mild elevated white blood cell count and I was given a antibiotic. Since then everything has come back normal. My grandmother had severe dizziness associated with her gallbladder stones but I can't find anything on this and the doctors are not helpful. I can't eat, I am not over weight, I am a vegetarian and otherwise I am very healthy. Has anyone had these symptoms?

i had very similar symptoms with my gallbladder disease. There really is nothing online that says what causes the dizziness. Some get it some don't.

Feel better soon.
|

replied December 18th, 2005
I had the surgery on thur, so far i'm more dizzy than ever. I'm hoping this is just because i'm not fully healed up yet but it isn't looking good. The surgery itself wasn't bad, and I had some pain on thur and fri but not bad. I still feel slightly bloated but currently no pain at all (4 days out). I just hope this damn dizziness goes away.
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
Hello to all...and question for the anonymous poster. Can you tell me if your dizziness finally ever cleared up after surgery for GB removal? I know you mentioned you still had it right after removal but I was curious if the gallbladder removal cleared up the situation eventually. I ask this because I am currently experiencing the same situation. Hope you still follow this thread...despite the time that has passed. Thanks.
|

replied June 28th, 2011
dear bufalowgrl--did you get any replies about the dizziness going away. After an MRI my doc reccommended having my GB removed. Scares me! But it looks like my only out. If you can reply or anyone please do.Scotfather
|

replied July 19th, 2011
Hello Bufalowboy...Sorry it took so long to reply to your post. To answer your question...no, I got no replies with regard to the dizziness clearing up after surgery. I am as dizzy as ever! Woke up today from a sound sleep at 4:30 am with severe nausea and terrible room spinning dizziness. The RUQ pain is getting worse and I am scared to death. My gallbladder ultrasound was normal and my CT scan only showed to very small (11 mm) "hemangiomas -benign" on my liver. I am getting paranoid it's my liver even though the doctors say my labs and scans are fine. I can't believe the gallbladder can cause so many problems. What are your symptoms? Did you have the surgery yet? I am sitting here typing this post wondering if I should go to the ER! Hope you have some positive news..please reply soon! Best Wishes....
|

replied April 4th, 2014
"I am a vegetarian and otherwise I am very healthy."
LOLZ!
When you check your gender while signing up,Female is checked by default.
Double LOLZ!!!

Read more: Right Side Pain, Nausea And Dizzy? What Is It? - Gallbladder Disease Forum - eHealthForum http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic21511. html#ixzz2xwSlBLuh
Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter
|